Sponsored

Poll for 15/16 Tech pack owners only

15/16 tech pack owners, if you could do it over again what would you do?

• Total voters

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
If I knew then what I know now, especially about how painful it would be to deal with Ford dealers (California dealers mostly), the Limp Mode issue, and Ford's absolutely abysmal quality standards around paint and body....well, yeah...Hello some other brand.

I will give Ford respeck on the following...

1. Awesome drive train engineering (these engineers should train the engineers in the body department).
2. GT350 Track Attack was fantastic.
Sponsored

kairojya

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
With benefit of hindsight, I'd have waited for a 2017 so I could have sync 3 and the Recaros. At least I think that's an option?

I'm more disappointed in the "cooled seats" being poorly designed than I am with my car not having trans/diff coolers. I haven't done any track days yet, but my typical weekend spirited runs have been great so far. I've only driven the car on pretty hot north Texas summer days and have yet to have any overheating issues. I don't plan to drive any quicker on the street, so if the car keeps performing how it has been, I'm happy.

If I have cooling issues once I start doing HPDEs, I'll worry about a cooling solution then or just stop tracking the car and enjoy it as a street car.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
I can sure feel the trans tunnel get hot when I am in stop and go traffic.
For sure it gets pretty hot under there, i too have noticed the heat coming from the trans tunnel.

I wish we could redirect some of that AC down towards the trans and cool it down a bit.;)

GRTWHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350
I am very happy with my car. Never thought for a minute that Ford would do something about the "cooler issue". The car drives very nicely as a daily driver and does what I want it to do on "spirited driving" roads. I would never take my car to the track, since my insurance would not cover any damage (fine print in the contract). If I want to drive on a track, I would either use someone else's car, or buy a car specifically for track use only. Also, I have a very low number chassis (0111) which could add value down the road. There is a 15 tech on the block at Mecum next month; will be interesting to compare sales to the 15 track model sold earlier this year.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Purchased my Tech 16' December 31st 2015
I drive it every week since then and wouldn't want to or need to change a single thing :) Think about all those hours of driving I would have missed if I waited for 2017 models?

I drive the :censored: of it on the street (not in traffic or danger of anyone else) and have never had any issues without a trans/diff coolers. I know I could never push it to the extent of that on a track but it serves its purpose for me. Straight up fun every time I drive.

If I was hardcore track guy I would have waited for the 17's
I closed my deal on December 30 2015. May I ask what your chassis number is?
No reason, just curious.

Sponsored

JKF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I bought a 2016 tech and would've done nothing different. I paid msrp, have since put header back exhaust, JLT CAI, and custom tune. I have put over 2k miles on it since, most of them at or near redlines, beat the ever living piss out of it and all it does is smile and ask for more. Couldn't be happier

Honus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT350 Tech
I would've flipped and gone track pack. From the looks of things, the ability to upgrade the electronics currently exists, whereas the cooler solution is dubious at best. Initial reports suggested the exact opposite to be true.

Can't say as that I'm happy with the way it all worked out.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I would have bought a 2017 so I could get the seats I'm comfortable in with the coolers. The added benefit would be the choice of the awesome blue or red color Ford decided to wait until 2017 to offer. Problems aside, it has been a lot of fun driving the car this past year. Looks like next year I will have a cooler in the car and I'll get to enjoy a few track outings without sitting watching all the other cars run laps.
Sponsored