Sponsored

Pocono Track Tour

mrdci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST, Raptor SCrew, '17 GT350R HR083, E39 Dinan M5
Any one else going to the track tour tomorrow. I'm driving up in the AM. Also for those of you that went to an earlier event, is there anything I should take with me? I know I cant use my own GoPro's so any suggestions?
Sponsored

Davey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 350R
what is this did not know of it.

OP
OP
mrdci

mrdci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its just the next date on the GT350 North American Track Tour. Basically a half day event that you get driven on the track then a few laps to drive the car afterwards. More marketing for the GT350. Since my 17 is on order and I have only sat in one and not even seen an R other than the photos I'm looking forward to at least seeing what I've got my deposit in for.

Macstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500
Wanted to go, begged ford but the said it was full. Take and post lots of pix please!

pete613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
I'm going on Thursday morning.

Sponsored

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
I will be there tomorrow. I'll be there with my Avalanche Grey GT350 now equipped with the "R" Wing that I paid below MSRP for. I'll be wearing a dirt nasty low emblazoned hoodie, My racing shoes and bringing my own race helmet.

Have fun.

Davey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 350R
guess I cant get in finding out now

OP
OP
mrdci

mrdci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Track Tour was a blast yesterday. Since it was the dealer session I was in only a couple of actual car owners in the group. I did get to drive the R and confirm that I ordered the right color/package for me.

The track event was more than I expected as I thought they might limit you to some extent but it was pretty much a grip it and rip it. I got to pass a couple of the other cars after clearance from the pro and car ahead and hit about 120 on the back straight just getting into 4th before getting on the binders.

I learned some things about the history of Ford and a few new things about the developement on the car. Plus the RS was there and the new Raptor. They usually have a GT but our event had an original GT350R which I enjoyed seeing more than I would a new GT.

OP
OP
mrdci

mrdci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone get their videos yet? It's been just a little over a month and I haven't gotten mine yet.

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
Track Tour was a blast yesterday. Since it was the dealer session I was in only a couple of actual car owners in the group. I did get to drive the R and confirm that I ordered the right color/package for me.

The track event was more than I expected as I thought they might limit you to some extent but it was pretty much a grip it and rip it. I got to pass a couple of the other cars after clearance from the pro and car ahead and hit about 120 on the back straight just getting into 4th before getting on the binders.

I learned some things about the history of Ford and a few new things about the developement on the car. Plus the RS was there and the new Raptor. They usually have a GT but our event had an original GT350R which I enjoyed seeing more than I would a new GT.

I dont think any of those cars are Tech:p
PS Tech here

Sponsored
OP
OP
mrdci

mrdci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I dont think any of those cars are Tech:p
PS Tech here
Yep were are all 2015 preproduction (PP plates on the dash) Track Pack or Rs that even have custom Roush oil separators/catch cans installed on both sides of the engine covers. The R's were all electronics pack cars so they could use the AC if the temps were high to keep people cool in the cars for their test drives.

Rainier42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Performance Blue GT350R
How does one sign up?

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Yep were are all 2015 preproduction (PP plates on the dash) Track Pack or Rs that even have custom Roush oil separators/catch cans installed on both sides of the engine covers. The R's were all electronics pack cars so they could use the AC if the temps were high to keep people cool in the cars for their test drives.
I've never seen a PP car with a "Roush" separator. Every photo you can find on the web clearly shows Bob's separators being used.

OP
OP
mrdci

mrdci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've never seen a PP car with a "Roush" separator. Every photo you can find on the web clearly shows Bob's separators being used.
They may have been Bob's but the Ford Techs at the event said they had Roush do them as the Track Tour started before any production cars were sold. I already have the Ford Performance ones just waiting for my car to be delivered so they will add them prior to delivery.
Sponsored