Sponsored

Planting the seed to trade our '22 Supra 3.0 for a GT500

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10/23 Mach1 A10/23 Mach1 6MT/24 GT A10
I'd be careful with that skylite and the mach 1, Its going to bleach the top half of your car and your going to end up with a 2 tone blue car.
Thanks Angel, i appreciate the heads up and you’d be right but all is not as it seems in the pic. I had to have a 32” deep tray built into my already 9’ ceiling in order to get the passenger compartment of the top car high enough for the bottom car to have enough clearance. I also replaced my lighting while I was at it with brighter LED units that are adjustable for color temperature. One is up in the tray and they just happen to be on “daylight” for this pic, therefore the illusion. Also had to install a high-headroom track kit on the door and a wall mounted motor. Heck of a project but I thought still a better solution than a garage expansion. This outfit did one hell of a job!
Sponsored

Call_Me_Bruce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, Toyota Avalon,
Your wife sounds like a car person, almost a unicorn. It sounds like she likes throwing the Supra around a bit. And, the Supra is no slouch. Dude, be happy. Don't screw this up by pushing her into something that she may not like. You could be married to a person that would be happy with a Highlander or worse, an Altima. My wife will come with me to C&C, and has driven my Mustang exactly twice, but that's about it.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm like your wife in that I prefer a smaller vehicle. However, I traded my GR86 daily driver for an LT1 Camaro. My main reason was crash safety.

It might not work to convince your wife, but that Supra is a very small and low vehicle that a pickup will end up going right over the top of in a crash. Many SUVs the same thing.

The Supra currently doesn't have a NHTSA rating. You could talk to your wife about this. "Hmm, I wonder why there's no crash safety rating for this car? I wonder if there's a problem? Gee, the Mustang has 5 stars in its crash safety ratings. That would probably be a lot better choice." You can find info online at the link below.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/ratings

To me that could be the best tactic for making progress in convincing her. I was nearly in a multi-car pileup a couple years ago. Ice was a major factor and I was pretty much at the mercy of the other drivers. I always run good snow tires in the winter, so I was able to stop (with a lot of help from anti-lock brakes).

There was a guy in a pickup behind me that couldn't stop, but chose to crash into the pile of cars rather than smash into the back of the Fiesta ST I was driving at the time. I owe that guy a lot, as the FiST would be no match for an F-150. I was stopped and I felt the impact of the pickup into the other cars through the ground and suspension of the FiST. Anyway, that close call still haunts me. Being in at least a somewhat larger vehicle could play a major factor in whether a person survives an accident or not - or possibly how serious their injuries from the accident are.

No matter how safe a driver a person is, other people on the road can cause the accident.

Now if she only drives it occasionally on nice days, this line of discussion might not work to convince her as there's a lot less likelihood of an accident on a good day joy ride out of town on a weekend vs. during a snowy commute. But it could be worth a shot.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
OP
OP
Idaho2018GTPremium

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Thanks everybody for your thoughts on this; I think y’all are right about not selling the Supra for a much heavier GT500. She doesn’t care about the 760 hp as much as the smaller, lighter feel of the Supra. I wouldn’t want her to resent me down the road for steering her towards the GT500. I’ll just have to figure out eventually how to own all 3 (ZL1, Supra, GT500). Unless I eventually pick up a C7 Z06 instead…decisions, decisions.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Go big or go home 🤭

IMG_1742.jpeg

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Yeah, this right here. Several guys said something like this in this thread already but this response was pretty succinct.You gotta consider the feelings of a wife who otherwise tolerates your addiction.

I currently have two 2023 Mach 1s, both an A10 and an M6 so when I’m in the mood to shift gears I can do just that. But I started this addiction with a 2020 GT A10 convertible, which I still have. My wife often tells curious friends and neighbors that I’m allowed to have 3 Mustangs and that’s my limit. She says she doesn’t care what 3 I have as long as I just have 3. But I know that isn’t true. She can drive it (but rarely does) but she is 100% in love with the GT vert. So in my mind it will always be completely off the table when thinking about trading around. The Rapid Red reminds her of candy apple red of her youth and she won’t let us leave the garage without the top down. Truth be told, I like the car a lot too. It only has 4000 miles on it, cranks every time I push the button and the Active Exhaust is a joy in track mode with the top down.

We developed a little storage problem when I recently added the third Mustang. We live in the N GA mountains so her Subie has to be garaged but we only have a 3 bay garage. See the pic below for the solution that my wife happily signed off on. How could I possibly not consider the feelings of a wife like that? I’ll get by just fine with only two “of my own choosing”, thank you.

IMG_3628.jpeg
That is awesome collection!! Hope to have a storage problem in the near future lol

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
@Idaho2018GTPremium

I just have to ask, is that color of Supra rare and what is it called? I only ask because I constantly see the red versions, this is the first time I’m seeing that color Supra…. It really defines the body lines and makes the car look totally different (IMO).

Years ago, I had a highly modified 1990 Mustang LX notchback, its factory color was Crystal Blue Metallic Clearcoat, similar but not exact to your Supra color. In different natural lighting aspects, the color seemed to change and always looked different…. I always had people complimenting on the color, as it wasn’t all that common. I’d imagine the color of your Supra does the same in different natural lighting?

ajisai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Mach 1, Current: GT500
@Idaho2018GTPremium

I just have to ask, is that color of Supra rare and what is it called? I only ask because I constantly see the red versions, this is the first time I’m seeing that color Supra…. It really defines the body lines and makes the car look totally different (IMO).

Years ago, I had a highly modified 1990 Mustang LX notchback, its factory color was Crystal Blue Metallic Clearcoat, similar but not exact to your Supra color. In different natural lighting aspects, the color seemed to change and always looked different…. I always had people complimenting on the color, as it wasn’t all that common. I’d imagine the color of your Supra does the same in different natural lighting?
That is a normal color.
However, they have made a few limited colors.
Including refraction blue and this new gray (CU LATER GRAY).

FA36FB31-BBC9-4DE1-A1E9-AD9A70693C3F.jpeg

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
OP
OP
Idaho2018GTPremium

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
@Idaho2018GTPremium

It's called Turbulence grey and is one of the normal Supra colors. I agree it brings out the lines really well. It doesn't really color shift, at least not that I've noticed, but I do like the color a lot. My ZL1 has more variety of colors depending on the lighting. Sometimes it looks grey, sometimes it looks like dark denim blue.

This is how silly C7 ZR1 pricing is here. $56k more than a C8 Z06 that they have for sale

https://www.diamondmotorworks.com/2019-chevrolet-corvette-zr1-3zr-c-4617.htm
I love the C7 ZR-1 but that price is silly.
Sponsored