The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Finally they noticed Europe :)
BTW, this is not good for italian front plate since it's smaller than other EU plates.
Sponsored

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Could always cut the bracket... Though not sure that is legal up here? Might sit too low (close to the road)... Will investigate :)

Our plates are not present holed so tape it is :D

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Sure.. but I never liked sto'n'sho, too low in my opinion. Not legally, but you will hit it in some occasion.
Moreover, 100 eur for a bracket is not for me :D

YLA G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oranginator

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
So the law says the lower part of the plate needs to sit no lower than 25cm from the ground... measuring the bottom lip of my stang - it sits at around 23cm... I'm not seeing the sto'n'sho lifting the plate higher?

Biggest issue is ... 52x11cm! damn nation it's biiiiig...

I've got a craigs bracket I'm going to try out...

Anyone had any experience removing vhb tape from the car/bumper?

Sponsored

Voodoo077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB 2016, BMW F11 M kit 2013, Seat Ateca 2017, Volvo T8 2019
So guys I can finally pick up my car this weekend.
My dealer asked me if they have to install the license plate or if I want to do it myself.
If they do, they will use the system that is delivered with the car meaning they will make holes in the front to be able to install.
Why most don't want this and prefer a system where the plate is a bit before or put on the front with double tape?
And for those who tried the double tape with a bend plate, does it really stick well enough?

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
as YLA G said, front plate holder is huge and ugly. The double tape is perfect with the plate bended!

Voodoo077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
as YLA G said, front plate holder is huge and ugly. The double tape is perfect with the plate bended!
Thx guys for the answer. The double tape can be a temporary/definitive solution.
Papinist I think you did it with tape, does it keep well and did you have to do anything specific? I read in one of the answers about minimum temperature but not sure if it was this or something else.
Finally what tape did you use?

The solution of Yves looks great and this can then be the definitive one later.

Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
So guys I can finally pick up my car this weekend.
My dealer asked me if they have to install the license plate or if I want to do it myself.
If they do, they will use the system that is delivered with the car meaning they will make holes in the front to be able to install.
Why most don't want this and prefer a system where the plate is a bit before or put on the front with double tape?
And for those who tried the double tape with a bend plate, does it really stick well enough?
They are not only ugly but also make holes that pushes some of the plastics around the holes out. I think papinist drilled them out to get rid of it.

I will be removing both front a back in the morning as I have my car detailed and coated tomorrow. The front should be easy with the system I use atm, although I'm not sure if the 3M tape will come off easily but Ive seen some tricks with fishing wire or dental floss. For the rear I will have a look at it in the morning when I take the stock holder off.

Voodoo077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
They are not only ugly but also make holes that pushes some of the plastics around the holes out. I think papinist drilled them out to get rid of it.

I will be removing both front a back in the morning as I have my car detailed and coated tomorrow. The front should be easy with the system I use atm, although I'm not sure if the 3M tape will come off easily but Ive seen some tricks with fishing wire or dental floss. For the rear I will have a look at it in the morning when I take the stock holder off.
3M than for the front for the moment although the solution of Ericc looks good too. Maybe this for the back if the one they fit is not looking ok. [MENTION=7100]Ericc B[/MENTION] where did you get them?

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I tried to remove the plastics, but for the rear plate. For the front, I told about a hundred times to the dealer to not install those useless plate holder... and incredibly they did not install it!

Here is the thread I wrote for that:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33814&highlight=plate

Thx guys for the answer. The double tape can be a temporary/definitive solution.
Papinist I think you did it with tape, does it keep well and did you have to do anything specific? I read in one of the answers about minimum temperature but not sure if it was this or something else.
Finally what tape did you use?

The solution of Yves looks great and this can then be the definitive one later.
I used 3M VHB tape, very strong and still perfect after 6 months. If you look at the thread I just linked, you can find a couple of pictures of the front plate installed. :cheers: