Pic of cylinder head at 100k miles

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
OP I forgot to grab a pic for you but was thinking of this thread when I pulled the valve cover off my boat this weekend. It’s got a corvette LT1 motor (the 90s version) and 2200 hours on it, equivalent to about 200k on a car. Its spent its whole life pulling barefoot skiers up around 4000-5500rpm. It’s spotless inside. I guess thats the plus side of high rpm and high heat, no gunk/moisture builds up.
Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
I am installing new oil pump with MMR gears and a new timing set but didn't go with the Boss tensioners and 350 primaries. Wasn't sure it was worth it. It's hard to get any real definite answer on this
The Boss/Predator tensioners have a ratchet mechanism on them so that if you lose oil pressure, the tensioners stay tight. The OEM Coyote ones use oil pressure alone to maintain tension. There is a spring underneath the plunger, but nothing to keep the plunger locked in position in the event of oil pressure loss

OP
OP

CrackedHorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Mustang GT/CS; 15 Mustang GT
I don't think its needed just cheap upgrades IMO.

I don't want to worry you but did you check clearances of the new oil pump gears? I know people have reported problems with the mmr gears.
I have not checked clearances, yet. BUT, your post reminded me that I went with Boundary. Not MMR.

I have read a lot of negative feedback on here, and other places, concerning MMR in general. And specifically, their OPG
Sponsored