Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
attachment.jpg

UPDATED WITH PICTURES:

Ford Cobo Hall-1.jpg

Ford Cobo Hall-2.jpg

Ford Cobo Hall-3.jpg

http://jalopnik.com/ford-is-bringing-phoenix-and-hummingbird-to-detroit-wh-1678397229

The Jalopnik satellite in geosynchronous orbit over the COBO center in Detroit sent us a very interesting image tonight: a plan of the layout of Ford's booth, which includes a large display area for Ford performance vehicles, and at the center is a car named Phoenix. Right next to it, in a smaller area, is the Hummingbird 2. What are they?

So far, there's no references to any Ford concepts called the Phoenix or Hummingbird 2, so it should be pretty exciting to see what these turn out to be. We know Ford is planning a return to motorsport, and that return could very likely feature a new Ford GT. Phoenix would certainly be an appropriate name for a new Ford GT (likely in concept form), rising out of the ashes of its GT 40 and GT predecessors, so I'm hopeful that's what this flaming bird will prove to be.

The Hummingbird name isn't one I normally associate with Ford, or even cars in general. But there it is, and it's even got a "2" after the name, suggesting that this is the second Hummingbird, whatever that is. If I had to imagine what it could be, I'm picturing a very light, Ariel Atom-type car with a version of Ford's 1L Ecoboost 3 cylinder engine that revs up to 20,000 RPM and needs to refill its one gallon tank every 10 minutes. But that's probably not likely.

I guess we'll find out what these mystery avians are in just a few days. Here's the full satellite image of the Ford booth plan:
Sponsored

Doc Holliday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT500
There's a GT40 and a GT on display in front of the "phoenix" display, so yeah that would make sense for phoenix to be the new Ford GT.

There are a bunch of mustangs on display over by "Hummingbird 2", including a "Mustang Historic GT350r"

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
Supposedly the nickname for the gt350 at LA was hummingbird...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

IGJoe2192

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Automobile
Humming bird makes sense with the FPC engine. Phoenix... has to be a supercar or well.. a new Ford GT.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
It's like Christmas Eve when I was a kid and got toys from "Santa".
Can't wait, wish I could peek under the tree.

Wish List:
Ford GT
GT350R
Aluminum Raptor

Sponsored

dwchockey13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 mustang gt
Supposedly the nickname for the gt350 at LA was hummingbird...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do remember seeing that somewhere, I have to assume phoenix is the new Ford GT, and the hummingbird "2" is the "2"nd version of the gt350....a la 350R
especially since there's a heritage 350R next to it

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
It's like Christmas Eve when I was a kid and got toys from "Santa".
Can't wait, wish I could peek under the tree.

Wish List:
Ford GT
GT350R
Aluminum Raptor
There is a Raptor Teaser on Display according to the image. Looks like your wishlist could turn into a shopping cart.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
There is a Raptor Teaser on Display according to the image. Looks like your wishlist could turn into a shopping cart.
Now I just need to win the Lotto, which I don't play. :headbonk:

Status
Not open for further replies.