Sponsored

Passenger side Seal Issue

jcasti07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red GT Premium
Hi guys, i drive a '15 GT premium. I've noticed some wind sound coming from the passenger side when going over 45mph. It sounds as though i have the window slightly cracked. The rubber seals seem to be intact. Anybody have a similar issue or suggestions?
Sponsored

Dawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT convertible
Hi guys, i drive a '15 GT premium. I've noticed some wind sound coming from the passenger side when going over 45mph. It sounds as though i have the window slightly cracked. The rubber seals seem to be intact. Anybody have a similar issue or suggestions?
My wife bought a ZX2 in June of 97 (98 model) she had that on the passenger side. The dealer tried putting some black putty looking goop in a few places. Never did get it to stop.

The car is still on the road in our oldest daughters possession. Over 19 years, no rust, everything works, still has the original exhaust. Only things needed, new tires, batteries, timing belt, and brakes. It was an awesome little car. And that damned window still makes that noise. :D

dwaleke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
There is a tsb for this problem on early builds. Any dealer should find it and the fix is pretty easy.

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, MT, Deep Impact Blue, 401A
There is a tsb for this problem on early builds. Any dealer should find it and the fix is pretty easy.
I'm still under B2B warranty and haven't taken the car in yet, but is this was the TSB issue is for? I don't notice wind noise, but moisture ingresses past the first window seal, luckily stopped by the second seal. The photo is of the passenger's window.

[MENTION=19075]jcasti07[/MENTION] check you window seals are fully seated, this one is not and it's taken a set so it doesn't want to stay in place.
2015-10-08 15.51.31 low res.jpg

dwaleke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
The TSB was not for this issue.

Let us know what you find out.

Sponsored

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
My EcoBoost that Ford had to replace had the same issue with both passenger and driver sides.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

OP
OP

jcasti07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red GT Premium
Dealer told me that the weather strip lost grip so they ordered another one and will install soon under warranty. Thanks for the replies
Sponsored