Passenger Side Mirror Clicking

trail.blazr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Maybe one in 10 times, I open the door, sit in the drivers seat, and before I press the go baby go, I hear a slight clunk, clunk, clunk, clunk.. about 1 per second. I look over to the Passenger mirror and it's kind of stuck in a mode where it's trying to set itself as far right as it can and it's at a point it cant go any further right and it just keep resetting and going right, reset and go right, which are the clunk/click sound.

I have to manually adjust the mirror with the mirror button and it automatically goes back to it's proper setting when I press the ignition button.

I plan to take it to the dealer soon, but when I called them, they said they haven't ever heard of this, but will see if there are any codes.

Side note:, my dealership (County Ford in Graham NC) is awesome. I had 2 problems I brought them.. My passenger a/c would blow hot air, but driver was cold. They found the problem to be a special order part. They took that part off a new car on the lot and sent me home fixed. I also had them fix my trunk being out of alignment, and they sent me home with a Cobra loaner. :)

Anyway, back on point.. anyone else seen this mirror thing?
Sponsored

TmjMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem
I Just had the same issue. First time but exact same scenario as yours. I'm due for a trip to the dealer for an oil change and what not so I'll bring this up along with the presets for the drivers not constantly working.

gbartolini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Pontiac Trans AM
both my mirrors do it at random. good luck getting them to do it when you are at the dealership. thats the problem. I can't prove to the dealership that there is an issue. Its one of the only issues with my car.

Sponsored

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
Also had this issue on the driver's side happen maybe 3 or 4 times in half a year. I just push the bottom back to the opposite side and it stops. I have memory seating option, so im thinking maybe it is something weird it sees from that.
not overly concerned about it, just a little quirk, and as stated.. no way i can ever have it happen when at the dealer for repair.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
This also happened to my 2019 Bullitt, so glad to know I'm not the only 2019 with that. Ha ha. It happened when I replaced the battery. Wasn't sure what I lost, so was checking everything, and when I moved the seat and then hit memory #1, it went back to position, so I said to myself 'great', and a second later, I hear this loud 'TACK, TACK, TACK', and it was the driver's side mirror trying to adjust to the moon (up). Caught me off guard, so took a couple of seconds to figure out what was happening, hit a mirror button, and it stopped. I hit memory #2, which is the same as #1, then re-set the #1, and hasn't happened again, but I've only used it again twice, when I had to move the seat backwards to work under the dash replacing the brake/clutch rubber pads.

One of those electronic gremlins that happens to all modern cars. If it happens again, I'd also try resetting the PDM in my case (or the DDM, if it happens on the passenger side). Those are the modules that control the mirrors. And no, no way I'd take it to a dealer just for that. But even if you want to, you better be able to duplicate it at will, or dealer would just play dumb and send you home. Having said that, it's obviously not a motor issue, but a module issue. It could turn out into a motor issue if it 'clicks' enough times, I guess. Hope mine wasn't damaged, but appears to be working properly.
Sponsored