Sponsored

Paint correction before/after pics

lmar77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TrackPack
does anybody here have before and after picture of their cars for when they had paint correction done.
My car's clear around the splitter looks really bad and was wondering if professionally done paint correction really makes a difference?
Maybe I should just get it repainted?
Anyhow, any feedback is appreciated.
Sponsored

straightliner1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R #HR262 / 2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali
If there are minor scratches or swirls in the paint, those are an easy fix. If there's chipping, lifting or other paint failure, the bumper will need to be repainted.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Look into paint protection film. Paint on these cars is thin.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Paint correction is a very broad generalized term. If you aren't doing the work yourself, you may want to just show the car to someone who you're considering and ask them. My car is black and also noticed some spider-webbing on the spoiler paint. I did a light paint correction with a random orbital polisher prior to ceramic coating. In direct sunlight it's still visible but minor enough to not be noticeable now, and I also didn't want to get too aggressive on the clear coat. So part of it comes down to how deep they are in your case, and how aggressive you or the person doing the work is willing to get.

TRS7139

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Look into paint protection film. Paint on these cars is thin.
Paint on these cars is the same thickness as on anything else, and it's under a standard layer of clear urathane.
Sponsored