Galenstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Galen
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey all!

I have a 2015 GT with '18 manifold, full exhaust long tube, and aftermarket intake.

I had P1450 show up about 4 months? ago, replaced purge valve, and it only came back about a week ago, which i then replaced again the next day.. As of this morning, the code has re-appeared! Driving seems unaffected, wondering if anyone has any ideas of what to diagnose next? Code is for Fuel Tank failed to Bleed Up.

Thanks so much!
Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
The purge valve is not the only thing to trip that code. There's also a vent valve and canister as well as a fuel tank pressure sensor and a few hoses that could be off or damaged. Also, if the fuel filler flap doesn't seal.
I'd suggest getting a smoke test to see if it's a leak into the atmosphere or internal. The vent canister is usually somewhere near the gas tank but I haven't looked for it on the Mustang. Google could probably help with that.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Do you over-fill your gas tank?

Philgadeth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Convertible 2017
I know it is an old post, but I am getting a P1450 due to undercoating with Krown. The fuel tank pressure sensor has a tiny hole on it to allow the sensor to read the actual ambiant pressure. The oily undercoat attracts and retains dust and ends up clogging the hole. That make the FTPS give bad readings and trips the P1450 code. I thought I'd put this here to help some other owners troubleshoot the P1450.
Ford dealer cleaned it up with brake cleaner fluid. Error went away for about a year but it just popped again. I am looking forward to try to access it myself and clean it but I still have to find an image or a video that shows exactly where the FTPS is located. To now, it remains a mistery...

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I know it is an old post, but I am getting a P1450 due to undercoating with Krown. The fuel tank pressure sensor has a tiny hole on it to allow the sensor to read the actual ambiant pressure. The oily undercoat attracts and retains dust and ends up clogging the hole. That make the FTPS give bad readings and trips the P1450 code. I thought I'd put this here to help some other owners troubleshoot the P1450.
Ford dealer cleaned it up with brake cleaner fluid. Error went away for about a year but it just popped again. I am looking forward to try to access it myself and clean it but I still have to find an image or a video that shows exactly where the FTPS is located. To now, it remains a mistery...
I believe it's on top of the gas tank and kind of a PITA to get to.

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
If you can jack the car up I suppose is somewhere on the EVAP canister, attached under the spare wheel well.

If you say it's for the oily undercoating, this should be a good candidate, also because the fuel tank is vented to the atmosphere though that canister.
Sponsored