Sponsored

OP
OP

Razorsvt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 2016 Corvette Z06
I wasn't expecting much from the auction but it is over $200 already, crazy.

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
If the owners kit was generic, I would say sell it for what you can get. If the owners kit has a specific car number that it is attached to, it should go with the car.

Dave

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I paid my seller 200 bucks for it, it came after I got the car... It was a private sale.

I wouldn't have paid more, it is what I offered and I told him I won't go over it.

My 2 cents.
So you bought your car private party, the kit arrives to the original owner and he proceeds to call you up and ask if you'll pay for it....Sorry, I just had to repeat that. I think we've found the top douche in this thread - the guy who sold torque124 his car.... I understand it wasn't "in" the original deal but unless specifically excluded in the paperwork, real crap move, IMO.

Sponsored

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Agree with you stanglife these supplements are specific and sent out to the vehicle original buyer (vin number and plaque on dash number) so what's cool about keeping one or trying to make some money off one trying to get the new owner it matches to buy it. And to pay $500.00 for one and you don't even having the matching car is ridiculous. As I said when I traded my 2016 for a 2017 I gave it all to the dealer in hopes (no way of knowing) that they put it in the trunk for the next owner. If these weren't vehicle specific I could see trying to sell them but since they are it isn't right and if I was to ever run across one I didn't have to pay to get I would be all over the internet trying to find the car owner that matched it so I could JUST GIVE IT ALL TO HIM/HER. It should go with the car regardless of how many owners. Exception obviously if car was totaled etc. then I would keep it to remember the car I had.

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R

cvdailey

Bud4AU
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bud
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I bought a used one friday and would love to find the original owner for this reason..how do i do that ?

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
I was already offered 200 for mine which I think is a fair price. There was one other person in line ahead but if he does not want it, I will sell to the second person.

EDIT. Looks like #1 in lines decided 200 is too much. I will PM the other person and sell it to him.

Sponsored

live2ride90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Damn, I just traded mine in on Saturday and gave it to the dealer to sell with the car. I told the dealer they should give me $500 more on my trade in but I doubt they will. Haha! I thought about keeping it but I think it should go with the car.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Number 2 dropped too. I think I'll just keep it as a reminder of the best Mustang I have ever had (I've had 5)

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
I know of one that's been "depersonalized" - the plaque has been removed from the crank stand and the certificate is missing. Apparently everything that's generic is there. What the heck is that worth?

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I know of one that's been "depersonalized" - the plaque has been removed from the crank stand and the certificate is missing. Apparently everything that's generic is there. What the heck is that worth?
So I'm guessing the people interested in buying these are purchasers of used (ahem I mean "previously owned") cars that are looking to complete the package?
Sponsored