Over 4,000 psi Fuel Pressure

Detroiit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have a P0193 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor – Circuit High Input . Looking at my logs Im seeing spikes in my Rail Fuel Pressure to over 4,000 psi. I just bought the car a month ago and it ran ok for a while. Now it wont stay running. I ordered the Driver module, and low and high fuel rail pressure sensors. Ive done a ton of searching here and there but not having found this specific issue. I did a scan today and the fuel rail pressure transducer status: yes error? 4628 psi Fuel rail pressure and Fuel rail pressure desired is 58 psi. I have an 18 Mustang GT PP1. Has Stainless LTH w/ straight pipes to Active valve mufflers, and a JLT intake. Car has recently been tuned. I'm waiting on my service manual should be here today.

Any suggestion or experience and direction would be greatly appreciated.

HighPressure.png
Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
With a 58 psi desired pressure, am I to assume this is the low/lift pressure?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
A bad fuel pressure regulator will cause extreme or higher than normal psi readings.

Also check all wiring and connectors that are associated with the fuel system. A bad wire and/or loose connector can also cause voltage fluctuation which would cause issues with sensors, PCM, etc.

Check this thread, it may have some value to your issue (there's Ford Shop Manual images posted for tracking down the P0193 and content is same type of problem):
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/codes-p144a-and-p0193-ugh-not-again.113021/page-2

Last edited:

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Ok the high pressure system could hit that but not the low pressure. No way that’s real, which tells me it’s a bad pressure sensor or maybe wiring/plug. It’s really easy to access but if you remove it be sure to drain and depressure the fuel rails first.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Detroiit

Detroiit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Ok the high pressure system could hit that but not the low pressure. No way that’s real, which tells me it’s a bad pressure sensor or maybe wiring/plug. It’s really easy to access but if you remove it be sure to drain and depressure the fuel rails first.
Isnt the sensor in question under the intake mani? I know there is 2 one easy by brake booster other not so easy.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Ok my mistake, that’s the gdi pressure. But with all those codes you have something bigger going on like wiring or a bad ground.

OP
OP
Detroiit

Detroiit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Ok my mistake, that’s the gdi pressure. But with all those codes you have something bigger going on like wiring or a bad ground.
Most of them codes popped up today. The bottom 3 I've had but the others were from today. The spikes in the fuel pressure shouldn't be happening? Shouldn't it raise and lower steadily instead of spiking like that? This set me back even more. dang it. Need to find a known good coyote scan file and see.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
The stock tune commands a max of 2900 psi with a limit of 3000. Either the gdi pump is malfunctioning, the tune is needlessly drastically altered, or the signal is bad (sensor or wiring).

You can log gdi pump duty cycle and deg of pumping to give more of a clue.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
If previously tuned, by whom and what config? Does it have a 2x or 3x fuel pump hat? Was a fuel return stripped?

OP
OP
Detroiit

Detroiit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
If previously tuned, by whom and what config? Does it have a 2x or 3x fuel pump hat? Was a fuel return stripped?
Factory fuel system, no upgrades. No idea what the tuners process is but I have full confidence, been using him for years.

INJEC5O

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Did you ever figure this out? I’m having the exact same issue. Please help

2023Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SuperChargeMe
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Did you ever figure this out? I’m having the exact same issue. Please help
I’m having the same exact problem!
Did anyone fix this issue?

I have replaced the high fuel rail pressure sensors fuel pump and high pressure fuel pump.
Super rich conditions come right back after a WOT and car then runs like shit

Lunas Destiny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang gt kona blue
I’m having the same exact problem!
Did anyone fix this issue?

I have replaced the high fuel rail pressure sensors fuel pump and high pressure fuel pump.
Super rich conditions come right back after a WOT and car then runs like shit
I haven't been able to get an answer for similar conditions. Stfts all over the place mostly negative, what happens if you try and hold the rpms in park at say 2k? Does it runaway almost? I've replaced my upper injectors, drivers side o2 (p0430, and both upstream and downstream), and gotten a drivers side cat based off a tsb for an intermittent 0430 code. I now have a p0300 again and it appears fuel related. I'm starting to think it's the DI system and/or the orings. What does your evap system vapor pressure look like?

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/unresolved-bucking-issue.192631/page-3#post-4018920
Sponsored