Sponsored

Outside air temp display and a/c operation.

Kcode

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robb
Vehicle(s)
TY EcoBoost Prem Vert Auto PerfPkg Nav
The story so far.

Noticed the outside air temperature reading wasn't displaying correctly. Sometimes a few degrees cooler then the actual outsde temp, frequently off by 20 degrees C or more. Also noticed a/c operation was not functioning when temp displayed was incorrect i.e. a/c would not blow cold when display showed negative outside temps. I am in Canada but we have not received negative yemps yet!

Tried master reset, pulled fuse etc. No change. Sometimes reading was ok then a/c would work normally. Made an appointment with dealer.

Explained problem. Car was working ok that morning but knew it would act if if power cycled a few times. Advisor agreed to monitor sytems and report back. Called to say they had it fixed. Advisor said the outside temp was from inlet air temp sender. That it had been reading a couple of degrees off so they replaced it.

Got in car to find outside air temp reading was at -5 C and a/c didn't blow cold. Actual air temp was about 21 C.

Advisor called mechanic and they took car into shop. About 45 minutes later the advisor tells me the a/c compressor is bad, has to be replaced - part on 3 day delivery.

Over the course of the weekend I have started the car several times. A couple of times the outside air temp was close to accurate and a/c blows cold. Most times it shows a negative value.

Should I really let them at the compressor? I sure hate to break open an operating system.

Does anyone know if there is a seperate sender for outside air temp? Where it is located would help as well. I know it's not the intake air sensor.

Any help would be appreciated. I think I have arrived in dealership service hell!
Sponsored

Hetracil

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hi! Today I experienced the exact same thing with my 2017 GT. Outside temp off by app 10 C causing the A/C not to blow out cold air. May I know if you managed to get the problem fixed and in case you did, what was the cure?
Thanks!