Sponsored

Outer window stripping

Falconetti

cash me outside howbow da
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 1994 SVT COBRA
Just noticed this and there's no reason it should look this worn.
image.jpg
Sponsored

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
Nope. Have your dealership warranty it, referred to as a 'belt moulding'

iirc there's not even a need for prior approval from ford so should be able to just order it

OP
OP
Falconetti

Falconetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I keep the car covered in the garage, kids walking through there with toys and backpacks and they always hit stuff, so I wonder does anyone else keep a car cover on the mustang and have you had any issue like this?

Update from the dealer, after thoroughly trying to convince me they could clean that off the moulding and after rubbing their dirt fingers all over the car and scratching the truck lid with the buttons on there shirts I told them it is quite obviously the top coating of the moulding coming off to reveal the shiny plastic underneath. I would have loved to be wrong but when you look at it with some oblique lighting it is quite obvious.

Anyway they followed up with telling me they will replace the moulding but "if I were you" they would leave it like that because they have to take the whole top off of the car to replace it. I don't have evidence this is true but I will find out, I did look at it and it look like it will come of without any major work but even if it is why would I want to keep a car that has 1k miles on it looking like its been weathered for 100k? In 10 years Ive never had anything but the best service from this dealer and now this. It may be reflected on the survey.

Booooo FORD.

mpwillis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Monty
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Vert, '92 911 Cabrio
Posted this some time back.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24291.

Piece on vert tops (rear), seems to be different coating. Block WOW, and then aero 303 works well for protecting. At least smooth now. Documented with dealer. Top removal to fix sounds bogus to me.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Falconetti

Falconetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you decided to keep yours as is and just use the product to smooth it out ?

NFS3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT convertable
Had mine replaced under warranty. Body shop had to do. Don't know how was done but looks 100% better.

mpwillis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Monty
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Vert, '92 911 Cabrio
Have you decided to keep yours as is and just use the product to smooth it out ?
I have so far. Got it documented to retain my options if further deterioration occurs. Good luck.

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
I'd get it replaced, by another dealership. Sounds like that dealership isn't very confident in their own abilities to fix the vehicle.

OP
OP
Falconetti

Falconetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd get it replaced, by another dealership. Sounds like that dealership isn't very confident in their own abilities to fix the vehicle.
I agree but have a long term relationship with a sales manager there. I am going to get him involved. He has some weight there.

Sponsored

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
I agree but have a long term relationship with a sales manager there. I am going to get him involved. He has some weight there.
unless your buddy is the one doing the repair i wouldn't push it with that dealership

OP
OP
Falconetti

Falconetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unless your buddy is the one doing the repair i wouldn't push it with that dealership
I have a feeling you will be very right on this. Im going to gamble it. I will be there watching the repair. I have the spare time
Sponsored