Sponsored

Ordered a '19 GT Premium! I have the MR suspension question...

UMDrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium ETA 8/3/18
*UPDATE: after all the feedback here, I did add MagneRide to my order! I received my order confirmation summary with priority code 10. Now the hard part... waiting!

I'm happy to say that after thinking about a new Mustang every day for the last few years, I've finally decided to sell my beloved 2012 GT, and I put in my order for a 2019 at the dealer yesterday. Here is the build:

2019 GT Premium, manual transmission
Ruby Red
401a
Performance Pack 1
19" luster nickel painted wheels
Security Package
*MagneRide

I didn't go with active exhaust, only because I plan on getting the Roush axle back setup.

I did not opt for the B&O Play speaker system, since I've heard mixed things about it in the F150's.

The main reason I didn't get MagneRide was really just to save an extra $30/mo. since I wasn't sure if I'd notice a difference for my use vs. the PP1. I don't plan on tracking the car or making any modifications. My time in the car will be a mix of highway driving and spirited city driving with a few hilly roads (Michigan bumps/potholes included in both).

I have to ask in my own thread, however, again one of the common questions I see here: am I making a mistake not getting MagneRide? Will it be less harsh than PP1 for daily driving?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Yes a premium will be less harsh than a PP1. I’ve tried out a Camaro SS with its equivalent of Magneride. I could barely tell a difference in ride quality in any setting.

Franklin Yeti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP (Magnetic Metallic)
I have magnaride on my 2018, and if I was doing it again, I would opt for it a second time. I believe it's worth it, some say they don't see a difference, but I feel it.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
I’ve driven 2 non-PP 18 GTs, 1 PP 18 GT without Magneride, and 1 PP 18 GT with Magneride. The difference is very noticeable and the PP w/Magneride (in normal mode) is more comfortable and stable on the street than a non PP car, IMO. It’s not just for track use.

Sponsored

samin62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have a 2018 GT PP with Magneride. Best way I can describe it is I feel the road and its imperfections but none of it beats me up. If that even makes sense lol. It completely dampens any impact.

I came from F150 and I feel the impacts on my body more on my truck than this car.

Pulpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black GT
Definitely worth it especially if you have crapy roads.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
A couple of things. Congratulations on opting for the Nickel luster wheels over the black. I think they are very cool. I think the magneride is worth it. I drove 2 pp1 cars back to back. Both were manual trans. One magneride, one not. The magneride was telling immediately. Both were very quiet and smooth, but the magneride took all the harshness out of the ride and when going through a curve fast the magneride just added firmness where needed. I would get the magneride before I would do the 401a package personally.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Yes worth it, if you can throw another $1500 down and keep the payments the same. Magride is NOT a racing suspension...it is a street suspension, especially with bad roads as you describe as it allows each wheel to quickly react to the conditions that wheel is experiencing. For the roads you describe it is perfect.

Sponsored

PTM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP A10
It's definitely worth it. In normal mode on 300+ mile interstate trips, it absorbs bumps perfectly in normal mode. It's not quite as cushy as a C7 Vette in it's softest setting but it takes the harshness out of the ride.

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
I have magnaride on my 2018, and if I was doing it again, I would opt for it a second time. I believe it's worth it, some say they don't see a difference, but I feel it.
That is my one regret, not going with the magnaride.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
They're already taking orders for 19's? Some people haven't even gotten their ordered 18's yet.....

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 18 PP w/Magneride and I love it. It makes the ride so soft and smooth. But I usually drive with it in Normal mode. Unless I want to change it up then I'll go to sport. :)

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
They're already taking orders for 19's? Some people haven't even gotten their ordered 18's yet.....
They are zero. As I understand it the '19's are scheduled to start coming off the line the first of June. That gives Flat Rock time to fulfill the last of the '18 orders.
Sponsored