z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
roger that, thanks for the info. sounds like it should be a fun night in the garage. gotta pull the procharger off to get to anything so thats fun.

anything else you pulled to make things easier? fan, radiator, etc?
Nope. No fans or radiator.

A night?

Unless you have 6 people working on the car it is 8-12 hour job. I did it all myself and it should be around 12-14 hours. Breaks and the 4 hour bolt didn't help.

also, did you buy just gears, or you buy the whole oil pump assembly?

if you bought just gears, how was the install into the pump? i heard you have to clearance them or something.
Just the gears. Oil pump assembly was easy. They slipped right in. In all the installs I have seen there has not been any clearance issues. Just gotta make sure they don't bind when installed.
Sponsored

Hoblick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Nope. No fans or radiator.

A night?

Unless you have 6 people working on the car it is 8-12 hour job. I did it all myself and it should be around 12-14 hours. Breaks and the 4 hour bolt didn't help.

Just the gears. Oil pump assembly was easy. They slipped right in. In all the installs I have seen there has not been any clearance issues. Just gotta make sure they don't bind when installed.

cool, again, thanks for the info. i will have myself and 2 buddies working on it with me, one of which used to work for a Mustang shop, he did a lot of cam swaps on the 4.6l 4v motors, he knows a little bit about the 4v stuff.

but yeah.. a night in the garage. we pull 12 hours in the garage with ease lol. its our home away from home.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
lol
Sponsored