OP
OP
Deca

Deca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Great stuff guys, thanks- was hoping to do this without hoisting the engine..which hoisting points did you use @TRDFurgesson & @JohnVallo ? And assuming first put timing cover back on before applying rtv and reinstalling oil pan? Thanks again
Sponsored

TRDFurgesson

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1 N0426, 22 Bronco Wildtrak 2dr, 92 Yota 4x
Vehicle Showcase
Great stuff guys, thanks- was hoping to do this without hoisting the engine..which hoisting points did you use @TRDFurgesson & @JohnVallo ? And assuming first put timing cover back on before applying rtv and reinstalling oil pan? Thanks again
I used the engine mounts studs with a nut to retain the hoist chain on each side. I have heard of guys using the header bolts but don’t want to mar or bend those studs. I have a Coyote engine hoist plate but didn't want to remove the intake manifold. As far as Silicone sealant goes there are several points that need to be cleaned and sealed. The sealant I used: Motorcraft TA-29 Sealant I reattached the pan before the timing chain cover. You can seal the bottom corners of the timing cover after reinstalling the oil pan.

Last edited: