Sponsored

Oh no, here comes the cylinder deactivation nonsense.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
If that happens,.......no more Mustangs for me.
Hellcat for me. I think they're the only ones that doesn't have that bullcrap?
I'm probably getting a Scat pack Charger next depending on what Ford is doing next to the Mustang.
Sponsored

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium / Iconic Silver 10 Speed Auto
My 2 cents! The engine shut off at stoplights is not your friend. If this innovation is so wonderful why does Ford provide a turn off switch ? Think about this, every time your engine shuts down you have to restart. Tell me over the long run this will NOT affect Battery or Starter life. My wife's 2019 escape has this function and it's the first thing that gets turned off. Probably the first thing to fail on her car will be the cancel switch. And you say?

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a bad choice, just a very different car. You're also not the first person I've heard say that.
Yeah I know there is a big difference. Ironically I wanted one before I wanted a Challenger and even before I wanted a Mustang. But it wouldn't fit in the garage I had in California so I went to a Mustang with very little regret. Chrysler to me seems like the one that for the time being is keeping the big Muscle Car theme alive, GM and Ford seem like they are lagging behind and by no means am I hating on the Corvette or Mustang especially the 350/500 they are amazing cars it just seems Chrysler is just in your face about it which I love that way of thinking. Anyway just my two cents.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I'm probably getting a Scat pack Charger next depending on what Ford is doing next to the Mustang.
I've said it over and over and posted it over and over,........if I didn't live in the Northeast, I would/would have ordered myself a Hellcat Charger for my daily driver duties. (My Mustang is the nice day/sunny day cruiser only.)
So fast and so beautiful. I remember the first time I saw one in person, I was blown away. So nice.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Sponsored

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've said it over and over and posted it over and over,........if I didn't live in the Northeast, I would/would have ordered myself a Hellcat Charger for my daily driver duties. (My Mustang is the nice day/sunny day cruiser only.)
So fast and so beautiful. I remember the first time I saw one in person, I was blown away. So nice.
When I first saw the S550 even in the ugly Green Guard color I fell in love the design particularly the body lines, I hate the S197 body style I liked the later SN95 new edge body styles so when the S550 came out I was blown away and even as people hated it, I who hated Mustangs my whole childhood and even when I was older ended up falling in love with it.

Mhawke7894

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic
This will probably start a different wave of griping, for which I apologize, but my understanding is that it is all but confirmed that the S650 will have a hybrid power setup of some kind. If I had to guess, which I don't claim to be good at, I would imagine they won't bother introducing cylinder deactivation for the last two years of this generation because even the small engineering cost of putting it in the Mustang isn't worth it with one foot out the door. If they have a good enough hybrid system in the next one, and can sell enough of them, they'll probably just skip over implementing cylinder deactivation. That way they can offer quick, efficient versions to normal buyers, and keep a regular v8 for the minority of people who hang out on car forums.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
CD adds a lot of unnecessary complexity (and weight, and volume) to an engine, obviously reducing its reliability, so to me, CD is a deal-breaker. GM finally had a semi-reliable engine with the LS3, only to add VVT (and CD?) on the LT1. I was never a fan of pushrod engines, but at least the LS3 was a V8, and reliable. An already complex DOHC 32V engine would have to me made even more complex, so no thanks. Ford couldn't even fix the infamous 'tick' in 9 years. Imagine the issues after introducing something like that? Glad I bought the Bullitt, which will probably be my last NA engine, my last V8, last mechanical hand parking brake, and last manual tranny, all in one :D.

phsc84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Mach 1 (2021)
Right now, it is still speculation. My hope is, that the Coyote "truck" edition of the F-150 is different enough to the Coyote "sport" edition of the Mustang, so it is only the "truck" edition that get's the cylinder deactivation. Furthermore the F-150 is brand new and only available with A10. I really hope, that cylinder deactivation is more difficult to connect to a manual transmission and as the Mustang is available as manual, it does not get cylinder deactivation. Chevy did the same with the Camaro...

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
I'm just here to point out how sensitive and emotional Trump supporters are.

Oohhh noo the F150 might have a feature that would save a ton of mpg while towing at highway speeeds. Hurry let's go blame Obama. That Obama ruined everything! He is still ruining things.

Oh but Daddy Trump on the other hand is our savior. He's saving muscle cars, and Confederate statues and nazisim boy he sure is tough and I'm tough like my Daddy Trump too.

Bunch of sensitive, emotional and stupid children. Trump is a nonsensical blabbering idiot, get over your Obama obsession. This tech would happen one way or another.

Byyeeeeeee

Sponsored

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Umm projection much?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
There is zero indication that this will be coming to the Mustang. Honestly I highly doubt it. This is all about the F150 and what they needed to do to meet regs on the 5.0.
The problem is that if its hardware based like every other manufacturer, they have no reason not to build every coyote the same way going forward. I know f150 right now has a different manifold and some other minor changes. But I dont think the heads are different. Could be wrong though.
I'm just here to point out how sensitive and emotional Trump supporters are.

Oohhh noo the F150 might have a feature that would save a ton of mpg while towing at highway speeeds. Hurry let's go blame Obama. That Obama ruined everything! He is still ruining things.

Oh but Daddy Trump on the other hand is our savior. He's saving muscle cars, and Confederate statues and nazisim boy he sure is tough and I'm tough like my Daddy Trump too.

Bunch of sensitive, emotional and stupid children. Trump is a nonsensical blabbering idiot, get over your Obama obsession. This tech would happen one way or another.

Byyeeeeeee
I'm just here to point out how sensitive and emotional ANY political hardliners are. Like yourself. Pretty sure only one person actually said something negative about Obama and the rest were joking around, but clearly you got offended enough to tell everyone how stupid they are. Gotta love it.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The problem is that if its hardware based like every other manufacturer, they have no reason not to build every coyote the same way going forward. I know f150 right now has a different manifold and some other minor changes. But I dont think the heads are different. Could be wrong though.
122ch4.jpg

:like::)

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The Ford truck Coyote must have many other differences. The fact that its redline is only 5,750 rpm, the same as the turbo EBs, mean there should be A LOT of internal differences. It should be tuned for better torque, for obvious reasons. My guess is only the block is the same, but who knows.
Sponsored