Sponsored

Official GT350 Track Attack Attendance Thread

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Yes I am booked for it. It's just that on the spreadsheet for this thread there is no spot listed for those dates
I added my date for the spreadsheet - copied and pasted from another date and changed to the date I'm attending...
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche Gray 16' GT350
Just called and booked for the 1 day on October 12-13.:headbang: I don't see the date listed on the spreadsheet though. Anyone else have this date.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase

KevDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2004 F150 FX4
Hey all,

Was thinking of registering for Oct 22ish for the 1 day but am having reservations. I have NEVER driven on a track ever or done any racing of any kind, of course drove like an idiot when young , but 20 odd years of the 9-5 slog and kids has dulled me down. Will a novice ruin the experience for others on the track or is there enough room for all to have fun?

Any advice is appreciated..

Sponsored

mcgraw

Semper Fi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Hey all,

Was thinking of registering for Oct 22ish for the 1 day but am having reservations. I have NEVER driven on a track ever or done any racing of any kind, of course drove like an idiot when young , but 20 odd years of the 9-5 slog and kids has dulled me down. Will a novice ruin the experience for others on the track or is there enough room for all to have fun?

Complete amateur here (zero track time, minimal manual driving) and definitely feeling out of the comfort zone. The reassuring thing I've gathered from this forum is how awesome the instructors are. I get the sense they are extremely welcoming and will adapt to you.

p.s. My track day is this Thursday, so I'll let you know for sure :cheers:

edit: Also, I remember calling up and them asking where I felt my driving skills were, based on 0-10 (pro). I told them what I just told you here and they didn't raise any concerns.

FAST FRED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 ROUSH,2019 GT350R,2021 GT500
Hey all,

Do it,
you will be kicking yourself if you don't. The instructors are great and you will have a blast too.

Fred

KevDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2004 F150 FX4
Complete amateur here (zero track time, minimal manual driving) and definitely feeling out of the comfort zone. The reassuring thing I've gathered from this forum is how awesome the instructors are. I get the sense they are extremely welcoming and will adapt to you.

p.s. My track day is this Thursday, so I'll let you know for sure :cheers:

edit: Also, I remember calling up and them asking where I felt my driving skills were, based on 0-10 (pro). I told them what I just told you here and they didn't raise any concerns.
Thanks, Do let me know how it went..

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
It is a great experience and you won't regret it. The car inspires confidence and if you leave it in Sport mode at the beginning (which they'll have you do) you should be fine.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Hey all,

You are going to find you are far faster than you thought you were. If you come up on a slower car they suggest you pit to open up some space and then to get back out there. I did it a few times.

Bottom line, let any anxiety go and relax. Your face will hurt from the hours long shit eating grin you'll have on it!

17VOLGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
17GT350R
I attended the TrackAttack back on August 29-30th. It was a great experience. A little info that might help others as they travel out to Utah. I stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites. You get a discount there and its about a 10-15 minute drive to the Ford Performance track. It is closer than the Hyatt and cheaper. Its a fairly new and clean hotel. A few of my friends are from Salt Lake and they recommended eating lunch at Lucky 13 burgers, delicious burgers and about a 15 minute drive from the airport. Driving in the Salt Lake City area is easy. The Comfort Inn is about a 30 minute drive from the airport in the opposite direction of Salt Lake City. The evening prior to driving we all met at the school and they provided a catered supper. They also provide plenty of water and other drinks. The day of driving we met about 7:30 am and got fitted for our suits and helmets and had some short classes. They have coffee and doughnuts for breakfast so if you want something more eat before you arrive at the school. If you have a GoPro or other camera you can mount them on the interior of the car with a suction cup mount ONLY. Most laps during the day you will be in the car by yourself. They do ride with you and give instruction. Besides the track the have a slalom course and skid pad set up. You break for lunch and the provide another catered meal. The food was good. The instructors are great and the entire day is a blast. You do get several goodies at the end of the day. You receive a small trophy that is made like the side of the GT350, a certificate signed by the staff, a t-shirt and several other small things. One of the best things they hand out is a thumb drive with the GT350 logo on it with professional pics from the entire day of driving. I think I had over 600 pics on my thumb drive. I met a lot of great people at the event and had a really great time. I highly recommend going. I bought a 17R so I am looking forward to going back with my dad.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Can't wait! I'm on for Oct. 5-6

USMC0341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Hey all,

Just relax, listen to your instructors! I had the same reservations as you, I was and am a total novice. My only regret is I didn't push myself harder! But I had the best time ever! Enjoy! Bring a gopro with a window mount and get some vids!