Apex Wheels

Apex Wheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Are these Anthracite?
Daaaaaamn! Good looking. Those two are on stock suspension and not lowered?
Yes both cars are stock suspension, and those are the Anthracite finish.
Can us mustang guys get the 19x12 for both front and rear? I see the current sale only allows the 19x12 for the rear only.
GT350s or GTs with wider front fenders can technically run the 19x12" square yes. We HIGHLY encourage people to use aftermarket coilovers which increase inner clearance, as the spacer thickness needed with stock dampers is going to be around ~45mm. With coilovers like MCS or JRi, that drops down to roughly ~35mm.

The rear will likely need a spacer of some thickness, but the exact spec will be determined by your suspension setup. The 19x12" ET57 is by no means a bolt on affair. We are giving you all a wheel that is close to working, you'll need to be handy enough to make it work on each setup, due to the width.

The 19x12" should now be available as a front wheel, that was a typo on our end and is fixed.

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I know this is a stretch, but does anyone have a picture of a Guard Mustang with EC-7 or SM-10 in Bronze? Ideally 19". I can't seem to find anything in the gallery or the thread, but maybe someone owns that combo and hasn't posted pics yet.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I know this is a stretch, but does anyone have a picture of a Guard Mustang with EC-7 or SM-10 in Bronze? Ideally 19". I can't seem to find anything in the gallery or the thread, but maybe someone owns that combo and hasn't posted pics yet.
I don't have photos, but I've seen the SM-10 on a few mustangs, and it looks great. I'd prefer that look over my 5RS, but Apex didn't have the forged SM-10RS when I ordered mine. And since you can get the SM-10RS in a 19x12, I wish I would have waited!

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
The rear will likely need a spacer of some thickness, but the exact spec will be determined by your suspension setup. The 19x12" ET57 is by no means a bolt on affair. We are giving you all a wheel that is close to working, you'll need to be handy enough to make it work on each setup, due to the width.
I see what you mean now about the rear. The 18x12” bolted right up with my coilover rears, but with those in for service the 12” don’t fit with stock like rears shock assemblies. Will need a spacer. (GT)

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
After messing around with the 18x12s on the rear tonight, the J&M (steel) rear shock mounts are very low profile and are the secret to sucess in getting 18x12s to fit w/o spacers. Camber on this car is ~1.9 ish. Steeda rear shock mounts (billet Al) were way too big and I removed the dust boots too because its that close in there.

OP
OP
Apex Wheels

Apex Wheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
After messing around with the 18x12s on the rear tonight, the J&M (steel) rear shock mounts are very low profile and are the secret to sucess in getting 18x12s to fit w/o spacers. Camber on this car is ~1.9 ish. Steeda rear shock mounts (billet Al) were way too big and I removed the dust boots too because its that close in there.
Thanks for sharing some of the details, I'm sure it'll be really helpful for others interested in the same setup! We've had some customers run a 3-5mm rear spacer, but I think they look best fitment wise without any spacer back there.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Hello there, it's Kj from Need4Speed Motorsports, and I wanted to offer up some info pertaining your question about any images of the Apex EC-7 wheel. If you look on "WEIR RACING'S" site, you'll find some images there of the Satin Bronze wheel on a GT350. I hope this helps. I know it's not the "Guard Green" but it's a least another Mustang for your viewing pleasure.

If you have any questions or comments, Please feel free to drop me a line.

Thanks And Have A Great Weekend!

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I don't think I missed any in this thread, but would like to see pics of silver SM-10 19x10s on an S550 GT.

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have photos, but I've seen the SM-10 on a few mustangs, and it looks great. I'd prefer that look over my 5RS, but Apex didn't have the forged SM-10RS when I ordered mine. And since you can get the SM-10RS in a 19x12, I wish I would have waited!
The 5RS is actually my favorite but it is out of my price range, even with the group buy. I do like all 3 styles that Apex sells.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Apex Wheels

Apex Wheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I didn't find any of that exact combo, sorry.

I don't think I missed any in this thread, but would like to see pics of silver SM-10 19x10s on an S550 GT.
We no longer produce Race Silver for the 19x10" ET40 SM-10 wheel, and only did a small run a couple years ago. Unlikely to see any photos but I will go back through and look again.

Our new website has a great Gallery section we're building out with both in house and customer submitted photography. You can filter by vehicle, color, and/or wheel design. Check it out here: https://apexwheels.com/gallery

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
On the web site, are the wheels pictured the same size and ET as the description or
I didn't find any of that exact combo, sorry.

We no longer produce Race Silver for the 19x10" ET40 SM-10 wheel, and only did a small run a couple years ago. Unlikely to see any photos but I will go back through and look again.

Our new website has a great Gallery section we're building out with both in house and customer submitted photography. You can filter by vehicle, color, and/or wheel design. Check it out here: https://apexwheels.com/gallery
Okay. I only wanted to see before buying.

FWIW, your web site says you have 1 in stock and the other 3 can be backordered. Any chance you will build them if ordered? I can wait but will order now even with a very long wait for delivery.

Additional questions: I'm not sure of my stock (2016) PP1 wheels ET. How far out will any of your 19x10 ET40s stick compared to the stock 19x9 wheels? Not wanting poke and want to run the factory PP1 alignment.

OP
OP
Apex Wheels

Apex Wheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
FWIW, your web site says you have 1 in stock and the other 3 can be backordered. Any chance you will build them if ordered? I can wait but will order now even with a very long wait for delivery.

Additional questions: I'm not sure of my stock (2016) PP1 wheels ET. How far out will any of your 19x10 ET40s stick compared to the stock 19x9 wheels? Not wanting poke and want to run the factory PP1 alignment.
We will not be producing any more of the Race Silver finish, that single wheel will sit there until someone needs a spare, etc.

19x10" ET40 sits flush front and rear with 285 width tires on an otherwise stock S550.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
We will not be producing any more of the Race Silver finish, that single wheel will sit there until someone needs a spare, etc.

19x10" ET40 sits flush front and rear with 285 width tires on an otherwise stock S550.
Sent you a PM about an order of Race Silver EC-7s in my cart.