Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Link please?
its not available for the s550 yet. Hes testing it.

http://www.raceseng.com/ashiko-shift-knob-ford-mustang-11-14

I like the knob but I personally hate set screw shift knobs. Thread on or kick rocks. .02

Ive had a few set screw types. No matter how tight I could get the set screw it eventually would come off in my hand during a race. Nothing like having that happen and having to throw it in the back seat and continue to row the gears without it to finish the race. :lol:

if it came without a set screw it would be a major contender for a knob choice for me.

OySmallFry@SCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SpaceCitySpyLLC
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
I messaged Latheworks about making a black "copolymer sphere" like the one they have listed for the Genesis @ 300grams.

Unfortunately, he said a plastic knob would end up around 100 grams. A heavier one would require titanium or stainless steel.

MJS-P51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic Metallic
New CJPP shift knob. It's hard to tell from the cell pics, but the rally stripes are dark grey. I just wanted to keep with the magnetic theme.

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I don't like the knobs with the adapters, think it takes the look away from the knob.

Sponsored

TRAKDAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0

I like the knob but I personally hate set screw shift knobs. Thread on or kick rocks. .02

Ive had a few set screw types. No matter how tight I could get the set screw it eventually would come off in my hand during a race. Nothing like having that happen and having to throw it in the back seat and continue to row the gears without it to finish the race. :lol:

if it came without a set screw it would be a major contender for a knob choice for me.
Testing is complete, not sure when he will release it but I can ask. NOT sure you understand the set screw setup on this as it is at the top of the thread adapter and NOT on the side of the knob. There is absolutely no way this knob can come off in your hand. If anything, the worst that can happen is that it loosens, but even that is equal to all other shift knobs. See pics of thread adapter and set screw. You can see the set screw is at the top of the thread adapter. The knob threads onto this adapter.

Last edited:

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Thats great news. Im glad you corrected me. That is definitely not the kind of set screw type ive seen/used.

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch

This is one big reason I like the lathewerks knob. The set screw threads into the knob before the actual shifter. Kind of a PITA to get it to line up but once it is lined up, its solid. No damage to the threads and I have not had any issue with it coming loose.

Sponsored

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
That's a pretty ingenious design.

However, now that I ordered this bad boy:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436625883.566504.jpg

I get to run whichever knob I like. [emoji16] No more pull up lockout to worry about.

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
That's a pretty ingenious design.

However, now that I ordered this bad boy:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436625883.566504.jpg

I get to run whichever knob I like. [emoji16] No more pull up lockout to worry about.
This was my plan as well, didn't want to spend the money or go through the hassle of installation quite yet.

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
This was my plan as well, didn't want to spend the money or go through the hassle of installation quite yet.

I wanted to keep the the OEM lockout, but this one is superior to the Barton design. Solely because it hard mounts to the trans.

boosted4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Here's my Lathewerks shift knob!
image.jpg

boosted4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt