Sponsored

Official: 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona (EV + ICE), Scat Pack, Daytona R/T Revealed! 670 Horsepower / 0-60mph in 3.3 Secs

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I always wanted to like the Dodge but I don't know what it is about it that drives me away. Must be the Dodge name, weight (+ size), handling, and the crappy interior. But either way the one you above is nice just looks huge to me. I am sure its fun.
I test drove a few Chargers and Challengers before i ordered my GT. The Challenger feels big behind the wheel. I like the exterior, it has a cool look, that old school muscle kinda vibe. But yeah, the interior. It’s like they hadn’t updated it in the entire run. Felt very dated. Test drove Scats for both, widebody with the Charger. They are fast AF in a straight line and are torque monsters but that’s about it. Didn’t move me like I thought it might.
Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I test drove a few Chargers and Challengers before i ordered my GT. The Challenger feels big behind the wheel. I like the exterior, it has a cool look, that old school muscle kinda vibe. But yeah, the interior. It’s like they hadn’t updated it in the entire run. Felt very dated. Test drove Scats for both, widebody with the Charger. They are fast AF in a straight line and are torque monsters but that’s about it. Didn’t move me like I thought it might.
Yep thats how I feel about them too. I got a rental and it was a loaded model. I could not believe how much more I hated the interior in person LOL I thought the pics were bad. But I guess some Mopar fans say its nice. Each to his own I guess.....

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
traction is an issue for the Demon so it may lose in the 1/4 but horsepower would take over and it would likely win in the 1/2.
except the Demon 170 is speed limited to 149mph. So the back half of that half-mile will take an eternity.

Guy in Richmond VA has almost a million dollars of RedEye, SS, and similar inventory he was hoping to make big $$$$ on. Problem is the market turned big time and he's probably gonna lose his ass. Since he paid non-trivial ADM on some of them.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
except the Demon 170 is speed limited to 149mph. So the back half of that half-mile will take an eternity.

Guy in Richmond VA has almost a million dollars of RedEye, SS, and similar inventory he was hoping to make big $$$$ on. Problem is the market turned big time and he's probably gonna lose his ass. Since he paid non-trivial ADM on some of them.
Yikes, sucks to be that guy. Sounds like someone can get a good deal on some American muscle.

Sponsored

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The real question is, did the Dodge engineers figure out what the Mach E team couldn't?

How to allow full throttle for longer than five seconds.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
The real question is, did the Dodge engineers figure out what the Mach E team couldn't?

How to allow full throttle for longer than five seconds.
at least the lighting doesnt have it :)

Dodge seem to innovote on all the neat drag features but never seem to solve the main issue, weight.

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT California Special
at least the lighting doesnt have it :)

Dodge seem to innovote on all the neat drag features but never seem to solve the main issue, weight.
Feels like another case of bigger = better, well maybe heavier 😅 Next thing you know they'll only offer 4 colors black, grey, silver and white, because Americans are boring.

At this point we might as well petition the government to bring back pop up headlights because these heavy ass vehicles are more likely to kill someone than some flimsy pop ups are. 😒

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
:giggle: DAMN BOY!

1709697969873.png

Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I honestly don't care about the EV options, even the 800+ hp future Banshee trim. They spark nothing but "meh" in me, like every single other EV, including the so called exotic EVs (e.g., Rimac Nevera). I am, however, glad they're continuing on with ICE even if it's an uninspiring inline 6. Hopefully the nearly 6,000 lbs EV Daytona will flop and Mustang V8 sales increase, showing that muscle car fans want the muscle car experience (sound, torque, an engine revving out, shifting of gears, etc.), not a powerful RC car with fake noise. Then, perhaps we'll get the next gen Camaro with the Covette's LT2 V8 in the SS model, and a super- or turbocharged V8 in a 7th gen ZL1 (probably will have to be turbocharged to meet emissions, though I prefer supercharged). Also still hoping for a supercharged S650 GT500! Keep the muscle alive, American manufacturers.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Not a big fan of the looks or weight here, but I am a big fan of the new TT powertrain. I would like to see a new Jeep GC Trackhawk with the full fat Hurricane.
I am also very interested in that new engine. I'm a big fan of the inline 6. I read somewhere it has two twin scroll turbos. That has to be a mistake.

Last edited:

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase

Kabayo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
5,838 lbs. 🤨
It has eclipsed the weight of the Model S Plaid, the Lucid Air, and probably the Ford Expedition.
I wonder what unfortunate tires get the job of making this bitch turn corners and stop.
I have no doubt it will be beautiful, but I prefer a “real” muscle car not a battery on wheels that has a tape recorder to produce an engine sound. How lame!

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
This thing is still built by Stellantis, correct? Ahhhh, no thanks.
Sponsored