Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

ftrv8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
On order '17, but still looking at '18
No spoiler delete option?
Sponsored

JasonBecker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Black, MT
I like so much about this car and if I didn't have a '15 I wouldn't hesitate to go for it, but if we're talking head to head against my '15 I'd keep what I have. I don't really like the new headlights or fascia, but I really think the hood was a step backwards. It looks like they moved towards a European direction and away from the American muscle direction. The nose just slopes too far down by comparison. And I prefer the tail lights from the 15-17 version over the new ellipse shape. And while I fully acknowledge this is about personal preference, I hate digital gauges. Give me analog any day.

With that said, if I could stuff the new tech from the 2018 into my 2015 I'd love it. The magnaride suspension, the exhaust, the wheel options, even the seats. I like the seats in my 2015 but the 2018's look like a step up. And obviously a more powerful engine.

But as I said, the comparison for me is the 2015 vs the 2018. If I were judging the 2018 on it's own I think I'd be happy to put my money down on that car.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
No spoiler delete option?
There is a spoiler delete option just like on the '15s. You're just seeing a bunch with spoilers but there are pics without it.

I like so much about this car and if I didn't have a '15 I wouldn't hesitate to go for it, but if we're talking head to head against my '15 I'd keep what I have. I don't really like the new headlights or fascia, but I really think the hood was a step backwards. It looks like they moved towards a European direction and away from the American muscle direction. The nose just slopes too far down by comparison. And I prefer the tail lights from the 15-17 version over the new ellipse shape. And while I fully acknowledge this is about personal preference, I hate digital gauges. Give me analog any day.
They've been going to the world car/Euro look in the S550 since the start. They've finally finished the look with the new hood/front. But remember the Mustang is considered a Pony car first.

And yes it's personal taste for sure.

carguy1701

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion Titanium
Looking at 2017s on cars.com, I'm really starting to think the blue in these press images is Lightning Blue, not Kona Blue.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Perfect timing for a perfect shade of blue to come back. Kona Blue for 2018 it is!

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
I like the folding mirror option. Digital dash is a nice addition as well as standard LED headlights.

Hi res photos do it much better justice than yesterday's shitty video.

I have still yet to swallow that new front end pill.

Amazing how they create these bad ass design-concept that don't make it to production, i would've been selling my GT350 for this one for sure, maybe for 2020, who knows.
IMG_1641.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Wonder if they're keeping the same remote mount MT-82 shit box with revised twin clutch discs and dual mass flywheel ?

steven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt black
so any thoughts if the 10 speed or gauges will be compatible with the 15 or 16? thats all that really interests me about this new design
Sponsored