Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Loving the angles and modern geometry. But not enough of it around the car to be cohesive. But it's growing on me.

However, the performance is finally coming into the modern age and the Camarillo is about to get some serious competition in terms of performance down the line. Not just the gt350 anymore.

DI/PI IS HUGE and overdue.

The Coyote should be at LEAST equal to the LT1 now.

Add MR and the 10 speed auto and... dang. That's a hot car.

The removal of the v6 is a bit of a Trojan horse though. It's only being pulled now for psychological effect for when the eco v6 is introduced. So that it's considered a hot engine instead of evoking the base engine.

That's the only bad news here.

Still holding out hope for the ecoboost v8.

Brandon1017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Competition Orange
Still absolutely hate the front end of the car! They really need to bring Dave Pericak and his team back to fix this ugly POS! I love the interior, rear end, changes under the hood, but the front is hideous! Sure the orange color looks worse than all the rest, but this is like deciding between cutting your arm off or your D***! One is way worst than the other, but they both suck!

My question to people that say they changed their mind on the design and now like it - Did you honestly change your mind on it, or did you just see the changes to the engine, interior, rear end, etc. and think that "You could live with the design" because of all of the other changes! I really wanted to love this car and I absolutely love every change except the front end, which is a huge deal breaker to me! Sadly I will be staying in my 2016 instead of buying the 2018!

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
It costs 45k and can be easily had for 41k currently. And so what, I want the Mustang to destroy the 1le however that won't happen in stock form. Ford did a lot right with the refresh but thsee are 2 things they messed up. At the very least the tires should have been easy to make happen for minimal cost.
The Corvette use to be an average Joe American made sports car, It is now unobtainable to most average Joe blue collar workers (such as me).

Mustang & Camaro are on that path, as the performance threshold creeps up so does the cost.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see more performance goodies on the Mustang GT, but If I cant afford to buy one in the first place, then it doesn't matter what it has.

BMill705

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Not sure if anyone noticed this,but a friend of mine pointed this out to me. Any thoughts on why the hidden tribute to that year and engine option?
IMG_1778.png

Sponsored

blackhand1001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang GT
The only thing I really don't like is the position of the front turn signals and fog lights. If they has stuck them vertically inside that vent it would look so much cleaner. Or atleast put them lower. They look horrible where they are right now. They really should have integrated the turn signals into the headlamps IMO and put the fog lamps somewhere else.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
It's gonna be hella fun these next couple of years...nothing is off the table!

The 2018 takes the S550 to another level. You all need to see it up close.
See it up close, why?

To REALLY see how bad the body panel gaps are in the photos you posted? Holy hell, I guess Quality Control does NOT exist 4 model years in now...

I mean for crying out loud, look at the image of the rear, the trunk lid has horrendous gaps, the trunk lid center panel is so misaligned with the rear tails on either side AND even where it meets the bumper cover.

Look at the front body lines and hood line gaps to the fenders and nose cone in those close up images, are you kidding Ford???

The hood is a throwback to the 2003/04 Cobras, seems the designers can't come up with anything original.

The sun visors still have the f'n "warning sticker" mounted so when you flip the visor it's seen by everyone passing by, so tacky and so out of place (again, just like the 3 model years before it). Put the damn warning decal on the OTHER side of the visor already!

Why is the center console jacked so much higher??? To fit that behemoth 10spd trans? Sorry, I want an all "Ford" Mustang, not one with a transmission that was designed WITH and supported by GM...

Who cares about all the new interior "frills", such as the soft touch pieces or added stitching. Did Ford fix the air cooled seat problem, or does that also carry over into the new redesign? What about the craptastic leather seats where the upholstery gets all stretched after a few thousand miles? What about all the interior rattles?

Yes, and as someone said in this thread - does the new 2018 come with an improved driveline vibration - or does Ford include hose clamps in the center console much like a Boeing has oxygen masks for 'just in case'?? :headbonk:

Looks like a lot of folks drank the kool aid... With all the QC issues of the 2015-2017's, don't doubt that the 2018 is one without.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
They nailed it folks.

These wheels remind me of Ferrari. Gorgeous.
they just aren't big or wide enough and aren't concave

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
See it up close, why?

To REALLY see how bad the body panel gaps are in the photos you posted? Holy hell, I guess Quality Control does NOT exist 4 model years in now...

I mean for crying out loud, look at the image of the rear, the trunk lid has horrendous gaps, the trunk lid center panel is so misaligned with the rear tails on either side AND even where it meets the bumper cover.

Look at the front body lines and hood line gaps to the fenders and nose cone in those close up images, are you kidding Ford???

The hood is a throwback to the 2003/04 Cobras, seems the designers can't come up with anything original.

The sun visors still have the f'n "warning sticker" mounted so when you flip the visor it's seen by everyone passing by, so tacky and so out of place (again, just like the 3 model years before it). Put the damn warning decal on the OTHER side of the visor already!

Why is the center console jacked so much higher??? To fit that behemoth 10spd trans? Sorry, I want an all "Ford" Mustang, not one with a transmission that was designed WITH and supported by GM...

Who cares about all the new interior "frills", such as the soft touch pieces or added stitching. Did Ford fix the air cooled seat problem, or does that also carry over into the new redesign? What about the craptastic leather seats where the upholstery gets all stretched after a few thousand miles? What about all the interior rattles?

Yes, and as someone said in this thread - does the new 2018 come with an improved driveline vibration - or does Ford include hose clamps in the center console much like a Boeing has oxygen masks for 'just in case'?? :headbonk:

Looks like a lot of folks drank the kool aid... With all the QC issues of the 2015-2017's, don't doubt that the 2018 is one without.
Wow....you're a bit wound up, huh? Why do you even still have an S550?

Sponsored

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Okay, so now that I've seen it in better pics and video, it's not terrible- but it's not great either. The front end looks much better in darker colors but is still very busy with all those lines all over the place. The sides didn't change at all and the rear is probably the best part IMO. I'll get those taillights for my 2015 should they need replacing in a few years, of course if I like them when I get to see the car in person.

I knew the V6 was going away but now the EB will make the car more expensive. I got my V6 with the 051A package and auto trans for less than $24K . Now look for entry level to begin at closer to $28K so with x plan and possible discounts maybe $26k which would still be an increase. I was always keeping my V6 so when I get a new one sometime after 2021 I guess I'll be either getting a hybrid or going all out and getting the V8 (if it's still available) unless they come out with a EB V6. Glad I have a few years to think on this..

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
They nailed it folks.

These wheels remind me of Ferrari. Gorgeous.

attachment.jpg
I like these wheels too. Might make a nice upgrade from my current ones and be cheaper from newtakeoff.com lol

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I'm really hoping they continue the gloss back mesh screen on that bottom area w/o the adaptive cruise control option.
Look on page 1 with the concept sketch images. You can see the mesh grill on the silver one.

intoadaze

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Ivann
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 5.0
The leaked photo from yesterday didnt do it justice. The front is not that nice either. But with the improved 5.0 engine, better suspension and all of that technology i can careless about the bad looking front. Im sure Roush will fix it though, if not this picture also helps. :ford:
IMG_0662.JPG

ccredbaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT premium w/PP
Not sure if anyone noticed this,but a friend of mine pointed this out to me. Any thoughts on why the hidden tribute to that year and engine option?
Also hidden in the instrument cluster photo is the new HP rating: tach reads 4,700RPM, or 470HP;)
Sponsored