Sponsored

Nys inspection with Lund emissions tune

Duffie112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
So it’s time for an inspection and I’ve got my Lund emissions tune on my 17 gt that has mbrp long tube catted headers a roush intake and the tune. I have about 350 miles on the tube and all of the monitors are green except 02 and Ho2. I have been searching threads on this and it seems like this is a lot of people’s problems. I’m being told that if I don’t have any codes I don’t need defaulers to take the o2’s out of the exhaust stream. Is this true? I need to get inspected this week as I’m on a 10 day since it failed already.

I have been following the ford drive cycles as close as I can but still doesnt seem to help.

Has anyone successfully got all 8 green with there mods and just putting a bunch of miles on there Lund emissions tune? If I need to do something I want to have enough time to do it. This sucks!!! Lol
Thanks everyone!
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Nope, I passed with everything set on "Not available" instead of "Not Ready". Texas might be more relaxed on that piece. The only part green on mine was fuel, evap, and MIS. Everything else grayed out on the Ngauge.

OP
OP
Duffie112

Duffie112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I’m not sure if I can get away with them as not supported. I’m just don’t have much faith that just driving around it’s going to just magically go green. And I really don’t feel like putting my stock headers back on just for an inspection . I’m not sure what else to do... sucks all i have is headers and an intake. Smh...

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Here in Nevada we can have 1 not ready. I Think when I finally bring my car from CA registration to NV I’ll buy cats. Though when I’m on my flex emissions tune I got all ready’s. On e85 I can’t get my the O2’s to a ready state. One of the local guys here that does tuning claims its heat. The rear O2’s have to get hot like if a cat was installed, and that’s why people have put over a 1000 miles on and still not ready yet can install a cat and get a ready in 50 miles. Idk if it’s true or not.

OP
OP
Duffie112

Duffie112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I have hi flow cats in my exhaust now and I can’t get the o2’s to ready that’s the only two still red. You were able to get all of the monitors to set with a Lund flex fuel emissions tune? Do you have long tubes? Thanks for the reply!

Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I have hi flow cats in my exhaust now and I can’t get the o2’s to ready that’s the only two still red. You were able to get all of the monitors to set with a Lund flex fuel emissions tune? Do you have long tubes? Thanks for the reply!
I have catless Texas speed LTH. I loaded a emissions tune I got from Lund (Alex to be exact) and ran it for maybe 1.5 months. Was switching back over to e85r tune and checked all were green. When I was on my flex tune it was all 91 pump.

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
put your normal tune back on with the o2 spacers. worked for me and from my reading a lot of others as well.

OP
OP
Duffie112

Duffie112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I have catless Texas speed LTH. I loaded a emissions tune I got from Lund (Alex to be exact) and ran it for maybe 1.5 months. Was switching back over to e85r tune and checked all were green. When I was on my flex tune it was all 91 pump.
I contacted Brandon from Lund that’s who I worked with in the lad to hopefully let me send him logs on the emissions tune to see if anything is out of spec preventing them from going green. I’m out of ideas at this point.

Sponsored

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Normal tune as in the Lund 93 tune? I thought they had the monitors turned off on that tune.
works for me. i dont think the monitors are ever actually turned off as that is illegal. i tried the emissions tune route and ended up with o2 spacers back on the stock tune in order to pass but as soon as i put my 91 tune back on and the spacers were still in all my monitors turned green.

OP
OP
Duffie112

Duffie112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Well my next step here that I was told to do from a local shop is to put the stock intake back in and load the stock tune. Something is going on with the Lund tune preventing me from getting all greens on the 02 sensors. I’ll let you guys know what happens. Sucks I just drove 400 miles for no reason on Lund’s “Emissions” tune. Smh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I had to go back to stock and all I had was an intake manifold on my car. Pretty sad.

OP
OP
Duffie112

Duffie112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I really don’t understand how people are driving around here with twin turbos and catless headers and don’t have an issue. We are missing something lol.

VikingJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I really don’t understand how people are driving around here with twin turbos and catless headers and don’t have an issue. We are missing something lol.
It's called making "friends." Friends that take small donations to ensure your car meets state requirements :)

That is the only way my car would pass tuned, even when I had factory cats in place.
Sponsored