Sponsored

Not getting fuel

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Hey Fellas -

Anything I can do to this car to help with the fuel uptake? I found again today on the track once I dipped below 50% tank the car was really bogging out. Stuttering in 3rd as I was trying to accelerate - even a bit in 2nd and 4th. Incredibly irritating.

I am going to take the car in next week and have the dealership look at it - but once I put more fuel in it my last session was great. Drove it like I stole it again.

Thoughts?
Mine is closer too 1/4. I just fill up at lunch
Sponsored

OP
OP

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Best of luck in your re-design. My answer wasn't trying to be a smart ass, that's just the way the car is..... And it is closer to 1/4 tank.

Seriously, best of luck with it.
No worries man.

For me it happens at half or less. I've noticed the same thing on 3 different tracks now (Mission, Vancouver Island Motorsport Circuit and Area 27).

I guess I was just hoping that someone was going to say 'try XYZ pump' the same way we switch out our shifters to MGW.

No offense was taking at all bro.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I'll let you know. Car will be going in this week (most likely or next). The fellsa at the dealership I use are fantastic. I believe they will investigate.
Not sure what dealership that you are working with but suggest that Tim Brown can tell you all need to know about this issue!

;)

OP
OP

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Not sure what dealership that you are working with but suggest that Tim Brown can tell you all need to know about this issue!

;)
You would most likely be right Sir. Solid call. I'll reach out.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
You would most likely be right Sir. Solid call. I'll reach out.
As you probably know Tim has been racing HP Ford vehicles as long as I can remember and that goes back some 30+ years now.

Back in 1986 I asked Tim to look at a '65 Mustang R model clone with me as it came out of Pivec Racing in San Jose, California and was a real cool car and after inspecting the car with Tim I ended up buying that car and kept if for many years and finally sold it to a person in Abbotsford who still has the car.

Just after purchasing this car I found that with it's 3.00 gears that I could pull 60 MPH in 1st gear which Tim questioned so after picking him up at his father's Ford dealership we proceeded to wind up my car just South of Marine Drive and just behind his father's dealership after which Tim realized the potential of my car in 1st gear. That little K code 289 could really haul!!

Little did I know during this little exhibition that a Vancouver City Police cruiser was sitting in a hidden area on this same street.

Long story short I was able to talk my way out of a big ticket based on the officer being a car guy. I am sure that Tim still remembers that ride and I still remember him telling me that "we were in big trouble!!"

Not sure if you are aware but Tim's father bought one of the original 37 R models built back in 1965 with Brown Bros. Ford campaigning that car all around the Pacific Northwest for many years and was just sold within the last couple of years in Scottsdale for obviously big dollars.

It is my understanding that Tim campaigns an R model and between him and his service department they should be able to help you with your fuel starvation issue.

If you end up talking to Tim say "Hello" to him for me.;)

:cheers:

Sponsored

bpracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FR-S, 2005 F250
Wouldn't that be about 1/4 of a tank of the track anyway...lol
The gas does go fast, but no the car was basically on "E". I was chasing a couple Ford engineers in an R running around Hallett this time last year the day before the Mid-America Ford meet.

Years ago my 84 Turbo T-bird was horrible about fuel starving at 1/4 tank just turning left through an intersection (usually at an inopportune moment.)

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
So nobody offers a fix yet, other than bladder in the trunk, how much gas would fit where spare goes.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I agree.

I am not upset about it though - I just want to know if a fix exists? Could I install a new fuel tank? New Pump? Drill holes anywhere? Reroute some hoses?

Not looking for 'why don't you fill up' - I know that. Everyone that doesn't want to improve/mod the car knows that.

I am ripping down this R, driving the ever loving hell out of it and building it up to be better.
Good for you. I feel I am doing similar to my tech pack car. I'm interested to hear what solution you end up with. I didn't have this problem at my local track when I was there last time, but I would bet it depends on the track configuration and all of our cars can have this issue.

BlkGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 GT86 Autox, 16 GT350 TP, 06 Civic Si TTD car
Good for you. I feel I am doing similar to my tech pack car. I'm interested to hear what solution you end up with. I didn't have this problem at my local track when I was there last time, but I would bet it depends on the track configuration and all of our cars can have this issue.
Track configuration is the big difference. Worst for me was Daytona 1/2 tank but Sebring I can get down to about 1/4 tank. Still need to add gas to the pig after a 30min session if I want to run again for 30 min.

E36/46 M3 would starve on longer right sweepers under 1/2 tank also.

Peter
Sponsored