Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Sponsored

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
I would have ordered my R without the Electronics Package if I didn't like in Texas. As it is I want to keep the A/C but remove the head unit and speakers.

Apparently one can order the "R" head unit delete plate but to do so you have to have a base R VIN for the Ford parts guy. Anybody non-Electronics Package R owner care to share their VIN with me!?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I would have ordered my R without the Electronics Package if I didn't like in Texas. As it is I want to keep the A/C but remove the head unit and speakers.

Apparently one can order the "R" head unit delete plate but to do so you have to have a base R VIN for the Ford parts guy. Anybody non-Electronics Package R owner care to share their VIN with me!?
Let me know what you find out. :)

ShadowBlackR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R - GR222
Couldn't you just do a dealer inventory search? Locate a base R then click on the link for the window sticker which would show the VIN? ;)
or even easier there is a red base R on Ebay currently that has the VIN listed.

Sponsored

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
Couldn't you just do a dealer inventory search? Locate a base R then click on the link for the window sticker which would show the VIN? ;)
I've found that to be more difficult than anticipated. At least on Ford's site the search seems limited to 100 miles around a Zip code.

Now that's how to do it! :cheers:

Bosshog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J-RO
Vehicle(s)
17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS
That Race Red one has been Ebay two times now. . . got into six figures and didn't sell some weeks ago. Looking @ the Production numbers on this here forum, that is the ONLY RR one w/out electronics built so far for MY16'.

Can anyone chime in how cold the NON A/C cars can get with the thermo turned all the way to cool?

Reason I ask and believe me I'm willing to suffer the pain - I may be moving to a much hotter area (TX) then where I am located currently (PAC NW) I plan on tracking my car, taking to shows and long joyous drives, not daily driving.

Joe Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R (on order)
Thank God this is someone elses car....no offence but I love my A/C and NAV.....I will never feel the 90 LBS or less it saves...
I told my wife I wanted to order my R without heat and air and she said she would never ride with me if I did that. Hmmmm....

I thought I better keep the peace and ordered with the "E" Pkg.

ShadowBlackR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R - GR222
That Race Red one has been Ebay two times now. . . got into six figures and didn't sell some weeks ago. Looking @ the Production numbers on this here forum, that is the ONLY RR one w/out electronics built so far for MY16'.

Can anyone chime in how cold the NON A/C cars can get with the thermo turned all the way to cool?

Reason I ask and believe me I'm willing to suffer the pain - I may be moving to a much hotter area (TX) then where I am located currently (PAC NW) I plan on tracking my car, taking to shows and long joyous drives, not daily driving.
At the North Pole or August in Texas? :lol:

Sponsored

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack

Put your hand outside and that's how cold it will get

MisterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'13 Taurus SHO & '16 GT350R

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
the thing I like the most about my non-electronics car, so far, is not using any mindspace to listen to music...fiddling / selecting / etc. It's just really straightforward...and nothing gets in the way of that glorious exhaust note...especially with the rear seat delete kit removed...it's just heavenly.
I do live in a fairly moderate climate...and I do have other cars to drive...so it works for me.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

You might need a cool shirt and one of these bad boys

Two-Speed-12V-Clip-on-Car-Fan.jpg

Bosshog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J-RO
Vehicle(s)
17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS
Well on 80-90 deg. days up here I don't use A/C and I'm just fine with the windows down.
Sitting in grid lock traffic? Well, that's another story - but as I said I'm not planning on daily driving. I've noticed however when I don't use A/C and I put the temp control to low it stays cooler than outside. Anyhow, I'll report back - car won't be here until late Summer, who knows early fall.
Sponsored