No EcoBooms over here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3L Ecoboost Mustang with PP
Way to be classy as always Livernois. Using the misfortune of others to sell product.
Not to call others out, but it seems this is the trend recently. A few other "suggested" mods have done the same. Not, defending LMS but just saying.
Sponsored

navair133

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang Eco/PP; 2003 Porsche Boxster
Way to be classy as always Livernois. Using the misfortune of others to sell product.

The fact that Livernois tuned eco mustangs have not gone boom is actually good information people would want to know.

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
The fact that Livernois tuned eco mustangs have not gone boom is actually good information people would want to know.
No argument there but the title of the thread was worded with intent other than just stating that fact...let's not bullshit

navair133

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang Eco/PP; 2003 Porsche Boxster
No argument there but the title of the thread was worded with intent other than just stating that fact...let's not bullshit
There is nothing misleading about the title... I think they have a right to advertise their product.

chadhtx40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP Magnetic Metalli
Let's get the facts straight. Since I have been on this forum. The big 3 in no particular order that have proven results are Lund, Tune+, and Unleashed(Torrie). If there are so many tuned by Livernois where are they all at, I mean 100 a month. Every thread I have seen generally talks about those big 3 I mentioned. So before you toot your horn about no failed engines you also have to have a larger sample selection and datalogging available. These are the most talked about good and/or bad on the forum. Let's be fair and realistic. that's all I have to say.

Sponsored

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
There is nothing misleading about the title... I think they have a right to advertise their product.
I didn't say it was misleading I said it was worded with additional intent than just advertising "their" product.

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
Weird. Not seeing that at all.

I don't own an EB but it's hard to miss all of the "talk" on the forums about those engines blowing here and there. As a tuner of said engines, I think it's a fair statement to point out that none of your modded EB engines have blown, but that's just me.

ThirtyThreePointThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 White EcoBoost AT
For a claim like this it would be helpful for Livernois to disclose how many ecoboosts they have tuned considering I havent seen too many ppl post about having Livernois tunes and their experience as compared to other tuners. Could that be a reflection of the customers they attract? Sure. So numbers would be good to see.

Also, considering the timing and wording of the post, as a consumer, my immediate thought is they are advertising their tune as the bees knees compared to other tuners. This comes off as arrogant considering it still hasn't been proven that the tunes of other vendors did indeed cause the failures. user error and inherent design flaw have not been ruled out yet.

If you're going to be a vendor in a technical forum, be technical when making claims like this. It will make you look better. Maybe give us a brief explanation of how your tuning strategies are bulletproof. Doing the opposite makes you look worse. What happens if someone's engine does blow with a Livernois tune now? You know, cuz maybe the engines blowing isn't 100% tune related? You guys will look like asshat clowns lol.

All said from a consumers point of view. Rant over.

Jasber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Ingot Silver
I just got my tune for life from Adam and will be installing my Tune+ wastegate actuator in a couple days. Have a 2014 build and we'll see what happens. Not too worried.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
There are countless variables that factor into that trap and ET. On average mid 13's are repeatable.
My best in my GT was 13.55 (first time ever at a drag strip, first time experiencing wheel hop, first time ever giving it the beans, first time, first time, first time, first time). My average, though, was like 14.

So... if you are getting repeatable mid-13s in your Ecoboosts, you got me beat! Hahah.

Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
FMIC, methanol, shortblock and turbo!:headbang:
Since when do you recommend a FMIC? If I remember correctly, you said that the stock FMIC was sufficient and that an upgrade wasn't really needed? Why did that change...other than realizing the stock FMIC is a pile?

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
My best in my GT was 13.55 (first time ever at a drag strip, first time experiencing wheel hop, first time ever giving it the beans, first time, first time, first time, first time). My average, though, was like 14.

So... if you are getting repeatable mid-13s in your Ecoboosts, you got me beat! Hahah.
FMIC, JLT intake, downpipe, and Tune+ 93 tune. 1.90 60' was a 12.56. That was repeatable all night. 1900' DA on a 87° night. When I get to my laptop, I'll upload the time slip. :headbang: It runs much better now.

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
FMIC, JLT intake, downpipe, and Tune+ 93 tune. 1.90 60' was a 12.56. That was repeatable all night. 1900' DA on a 87° night. When I get to my laptop, I'll upload the time slip. :headbang: It runs much better now.
Which fmic? and what was the trap speed?

bobinnj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang Ecoboost Premium PP
OK, I'm going to pull the pin & toss the grenade in the room...are any of the tuners prepared to warranty their products and services? Not asking to be argumentative, but anyone who mods their motor is susceptible to having their Ford warranties denied. If a stock engine blows, Ford has no choice but to cover. If a modded engine fails, whether the mods are at fault or not, the likelihood is that Ford will deny. Do modders just accept the risk, or should there a reliability on the tuners to produce a product without defect which won't either cause or contribute to a failure. I, for one, am staying in the fringes, as my car is leased and a DD. do I desirer to make changes, sure, but I can't afford to get it wrong.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
For a claim like this it would be helpful for Livernois to disclose how many ecoboosts they have tuned considering I havent seen too many ppl post about having Livernois tunes and their experience as compared to other tuners. Could that be a reflection of the customers they attract? Sure. So numbers would be good to see.

Also, considering the timing and wording of the post, as a consumer, my immediate thought is they are advertising their tune as the bees knees compared to other tuners. This comes off as arrogant considering it still hasn't been proven that the tunes of other vendors did indeed cause the failures. user error and inherent design flaw have not been ruled out yet.

If you're going to be a vendor in a technical forum, be technical when making claims like this. It will make you look better. Maybe give us a brief explanation of how your tuning strategies are bulletproof. Doing the opposite makes you look worse. What happens if someone's engine does blow with a Livernois tune now? You know, cuz maybe the engines blowing isn't 100% tune related? You guys will look like asshat clowns lol.

All said from a consumers point of view. Rant over.
Let's get the facts straight. Since I have been on this forum. The big 3 in no particular order that have proven results are Lund, Tune+, and Unleashed(Torrie). If there are so many tuned by Livernois where are they all at, I mean 100 a month. Every thread I have seen generally talks about those big 3 I mentioned. So before you toot your horn about no failed engines you also have to have a larger sample selection and datalogging available. These are the most talked about good and/or bad on the forum. Let's be fair and realistic. that's all I have to say.
You two cannot be serious. Given Livernois' reputation and the size of their operation I'm without a doubt that they have tuned more cars than tune+ or Unleashed. This forum is not representative of the real world, the ppl who actively participate on this internet forum are heavily influenced by who is marketing the most on this forum and it's quite obvious who that is
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.