Nik's AG 2017 GT350 Journal

viva_brasil

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nik
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
Starting a thread to document the car now that I've had it for a few weeks. Some background for fun: Since this car was announced, I wanted it. I have never bought a new car - mainly because I like to modify and track my cars and like to try new cars. This car was the only car I could see myself buying brand new and keeping for a while.

So a few months ago I sold my 335i (N54, full bolt on) and my track miata, and started looking for a GT350. I wanted the XM radio and Sync 3, and needed the track pack - so that ruled out the 2016s. I contemplated an R, but I would have to add the back seats in at some point and would run aluminum R Spec wheels on the street anyway. The price point for the R is also tough to swallow. So I focused my search on a non-R and spent about 1-2 months. In that period I secured an allocation with an out of state dealer, which ended up not going anywhere (very poor communication, no line of sight to when a car would be built). I eventually found one not too far away with a 5k ADM. I could have gotten one from TX or East coast for close to 0 ADM, but at that point I was sick of dealing with out of state dealers and didn't want to deal with transport.

So on Oct 22nd I bought this car (H2251), in the AG color that I wanted with the recaros / electronics package. My plan is to track the car and do some small upgrades here and there. I only have a few pictures but will post more as I work through some of the upgrades.

Tentative plan:
- Black roof wrap (I like the black roof but wasn't 100% sure, so decided to get one without it and wrap so I can always go back)
- Tint + PPF
- R spec wheels with 325 / 305 NT01s
- FP oil separator / catch cans
- R springs
- R front splitter

Picking it up:

Quick shot after roof wrap and window tint, will take more after the first wash:

Sponsored

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Photos aren't showing.

Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I can see them and the car looks awesome!