Nice but NAUGHTY Mag Story re. GT350

Dicks15Guard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green EcoBoost Premium
This month's "Automobile" magazine ( December p.56 "VOODOO MAGIC" ) authored by Michael Jordan objectively tests out & thumbs-up reviews the 2016 Shelby GT350 after a spin around Laguna Seca. Accolades ascribed to the car such as -"This is the coolest engine we've driven in a long time...", and "Ford engineers have tamed the physics thanks to clever work with materials, carefully balanced components, and expensive details..." .

And, it slips in at the article's conclusion that" "Spies tell us that it cuts quicker lap times at... Laguna Seca than a Chevrolet Camaro Z/28.

So, factually- all fine, and worthy of your perusal ... BUT-

FOOTNOTE :
As an aside to the bulk of the review, I personally took note of what, in my opinion, seems to be a possible anti-Mustang
owner "Freudian slip" in spite of the facts of his review.

Although, I have never written a letter-to-the-editor , I felt compelled to express my distaste for an attempt to be too clever, again, IMO, as Jordan, opens the account with an uncool allusion to Pony enthusiasts as follows:

"But Mustang guys are not necessarily just young and dumb these days..."

He continues that the GT350 gives him this new-found "insight", to which I defended- that many of us "Mustang guys", whom date back to the Mustang's earliest days, may no longer be "young", but, we had the insight and foresight to recognize that something about the Mustang that makes it the ONLY auto, in it's class, to overcome all obstacles, and successfully persevere 50 YEARS AND COUNTING !

Better late than never, I guess. :headbang:

Dick
IMG_8027.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Dick- Take it with a grain of salt. At least now, he has encountered divination. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Dicks15Guard

Dicks15Guard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
Agreed

Dick- Take it with a grain of salt. At least now, he has encountered divination. :thumbsup:

Yep, agreed !
And, as I say- Better Late Than Never !!

Just took him 50 years longer to get it...
( oops- he is probably not long enough in the teeth.. )

BTW- I was at the dealer's this week for service, and I scoffed a 2016 GT350 Brochure- to have Santa dreams..., but- he is bringing today via FedEx - a little toy for a little boy-at-heart:
15 Diecast Guard Green AutoWorld.jpg

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Tell me how dumb I am for having a Shelby GT500 next to my Porsche 911 before age 30. Not to mention a Boss 302 Laguna Seca shortly after followed by my built to spec Shelby GT350. I'm such a dummy!

:lol:

Duttch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (Guard color)
but- he is bringing today via FedEx - a little toy for a little boy-at-heart:[/QUOTE]

Where did you buy the Guard Die cast.

Thanks.

Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Tell me how dumb I am for having a Shelby GT500 next to my Porsche 911 before age 30. Not to mention a Boss 302 Laguna Seca shortly after followed by my built to spec Shelby GT350. I'm such a dummy!

:lol:
You dum dum you! :D
Me too! :headbonk:

Honus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT350 Tech
This is a case of self-selection here. It takes a rare person to consider himself dumb anyway, but a 0.25 second youtube search for "mustang crash," will show you all you need to see of how mustang drivers are perceived and sometimes rightfully so (cars and coffee anyone?).

It's not you lot on this board, but you really can't ignore there's a fair amount of stigma with who buys this brand car. There's no accounting for taste out there.

At the Track Attack event I was the only member there in his 20s. Everyone else was 45+.

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
This is a case of self-selection here. It takes a rare person to consider himself dumb anyway, but a 0.25 second youtube search for "mustang crash," will show you all you need to see of how mustang drivers are perceived and sometimes rightfully so (cars and coffee anyone?).

It's not you lot on this board, but you really can't ignore there's a fair amount of stigma with who buys this brand car. There's no accounting for taste out there.

At the Track Attack event I was the only member there in his 20s. Everyone else was 45+.
Same here on Track Attack.

As for the Mustang wrecks - you should search Ferrari crashes - plenty of idiots trying to show off in crowds and wrecking their car immediately.

OP
OP
Dicks15Guard

Dicks15Guard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Diecast

but- he is bringing today via FedEx - a little toy for a little boy-at-heart:

Where did you buy the Guard Die cast.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

GEEZ sorry for the delay in answering your post. I have not mastered this site yet, and did not get a message about the post.
Anyway, I shopped around to compare prices. Cheapest I found was the $69.99 I paid. Got it on eBay from "autozriverjeff" in Calif. But, he sold out already. I just checked for you.. Next best price was same- $70.00 also form CA. They are all from AutoWorld. Only 1002 being made ( supposedly).

It is NICE and I have Franklin Mint stuff,, a lot more money and not that much better.

PS- The Franklin 65 Mustang does match my old 65 car perfectly though whereas the new '15 has black int and is a GT..but still... a Guard 15 Mustang.. kinda cool... Ealry Santa present..
IMG_8043.jpg
Sponsored