New wheels on a new Mach 1. Need opinions please. TY

pozi240

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 700A HP 6M FJG, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Good day, I had ordered these wheels custom colored way back in February as we had originally ordered an Eruption Green GT (which ended up getting cancelled by Ford as we missed the production cut off and were bumped to a 2024 order). Anyway, our dealer found us a new 23 Mach 1 in FJG w/appearance and Elite pkg and we loved it. I really like these Fondmetal wheels in custom "Brassy bronze" (I had them powdercoated that color) and the wider 315 rears look proper on this car. I feel the color looks great against the FJG body, but, as my wife points out, the bright orange calipers "get lost" in the bright gold color wheels. She thinks its needs a much darker wheel (I don't really want to go black again, as I find its too common now). I can easily remove them and get them powdercoated another color. What is everyone's consensus? Thanks!
mach1_6.jpg

mach1_7.jpg

mach1_8.jpg
Sponsored

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
A gunmetal would be killer and the orange would pop

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Definite no to black. So unimaginative. Unless youre just buying a garage ornament, I'd leave well enough alone. Some outfits have a ancient/treasure bronze that appriaches brown. But fjg has blue overtones and that would clash. I think you're stucknwith a semi dark gray. I don't know if navy battleship gray would work. Something semi gloss or matte to contrast.

What wheels are those?

OP
OP
pozi240

pozi240

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
Definite no to black. So unimaginative. Unless youre just buying a garage ornament, I'd leave well enough alone. Some outfits have a ancient/treasure bronze that appriaches brown. But fjg has blue overtones and that would clash. I think you're stucknwith a semi dark gray. I don't know if navy battleship gray would work. Something semi gloss or matte to contrast.

What wheels are those?
Fondmetal STC-45. They are specifically made for only the S550, so, offsets are perfect, and the centerbore is factory. They come in gunmetal, black or silver.

Sponsored

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Looks OK to me (but my wife thinks I have terrible taste.) Anyway, it's good being a little different.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
In my opinion that wheel color clashes with the FJG and the orange calipers. I think a black chrome or gunmetal gray would look good.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Not a fan of the brightness especially with the very nice orange calipers. Use a darker wheel and let the rest of the car speak for itself.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
A charcoal color that is between the stripe color and body color would be ideal.
It fit the look of the car. A little darker than battle ship gray.

Sponsored

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I agree with your wife about a darker wheel looking good against FJG. Here’s my ‘22 with the base factory wheels.

IMG_3305.jpeg

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
Yep I also think you have a little bit much going on with the bronze wheels, orange on callipers and stripes , black on the stripes, and the FJG car.
Personally I try to keep my car 2 colours + additional color on the calliper if you want that extra “pop” but that’s just me.
I do like the design of the wheels though! Are they lighter than stock?

OP
OP
pozi240

pozi240

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
Yep I also think you have a little bit much going on with the bronze wheels, orange on callipers and stripes , black on the stripes, and the FJG car.
Personally I try to keep my car 2 colours + additional color on the calliper if you want that extra “pop” but that’s just me.
I do like the design of the wheels though! Are they lighter than stock?
Slightly lighter, but they’re also much bigger at 20x11.
Sponsored