Sponsored

New to the club and have a few questions!

Naudica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Deep Impact Blue Mustang GT Premium w/PP
Hello Everyone!

First I want to say I am excited to be apart of this community. Have been doing a lot of reading the pass few weeks and through out the year and finally bought my Mustang a week ago and super excited to be apart of the community.

My questions now!

I was thinking of going completely the Roush route on my car but after reading I am changing my mind now. My first phase of upgrades should be CAI with Tune and Exhaust?

Next question is what is the difference between axel back and complete system? I am leaning to doing complete system because from what I have been reading it seems like you get a better experience out of the car. I am open to all the feedback because I am still learning!

for the CAI and Tune I been reading and seeing a lot of the JLT with the Lund Ngauge is the way to go (Was thinking Roush CAI before but not now)

Last question for now! What is the better route to go because I am going to go one direction or the other Turbo or Supercharger?

Thanks everyone looking to be educated!!!
Sponsored

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
1. If you're paranoid about first year engine bugs, being hassled by the stealership about your mods or possibly being denied warranty service, hold back on tuning and work on your exhaust. Holding back on tuning will not reap the benefits of a CAI.
2. The increased price for all the extra piping.
3. If you go forced induction, many of these mods will be replaced.
4. What is your budget and goals for the vehicle? Piece together the supporting mods(upgraded half shafts, oil pump gears, timing components, suspension, wheels etc.) for an accurate budget and consider your needs.

OP
OP

Naudica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Deep Impact Blue Mustang GT Premium w/PP
Thanks for the response!

I am not paranoid about the warranty at all. as for the Exhaust do you get any extra performance gain or better sound out of full system? I don't have any limit on budget though I do want to build the car to be 600+ HP and have fun on the track! Thanks for the info on holding back on the tune!

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Thanks for the response!

I am not paranoid about the warranty at all. as for the Exhaust do you get any extra performance gain or better sound out of full system? I don't have any limit on budget though I do want to build the car to be 600+ HP and have fun on the track! Thanks for the info on holding back on the tune!
1. You might get a couple extra horsepower with an exhaust. The real gains are when you lose the weight of the stock mufflers and resonator. I lost nearly 20 lbs with my H-pipe and Roush mufflers compared to stock. Headers is a different story with much better horsepower gains in the higher RPM range(approximately 30hp). I went the "El Cheapo" route and had a H-pipe made and later added the Roush AB, which is loud as hell.

2. From my readings, it seems turbocharging is rarer due to its higher cost. I believe the forced induction guys will suggest supercharging for 600+ horsepower, but let them chime in.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
!. Exhaust, the stock is heavy and whisper quiet.
2. Intake/tune, great gains for the buck.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
def on the right track

we have a great combo pack with the jlt ngauge and lund tune, with plenty in stock and can ship tomorrow!!!

http://teambeefcakeracing.com/cai-fmg15-ngaugetune.html

exhaust is mainly for sound, unless your doing headers,

for the catback, buy based off the sound that you like 100%

feel free to hit us up with any questions

beef
513-478-1965
Sponsored