Sponsored

New Mods, Temp Rising

Dramad1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP, Blk
Today I installed the mrt h pipe, roush axle back, jlt catch can and jlt intake with bama 91 and mods tune on my 15 gt pp. Updated the sxt to latest software and loaded the tune just fine.
Car sounds beast now, really gave it that grumbble it needed, almost sounds catless. I made a few pulls and car seems a lil more powerful but hard to tell. I didn't get all crazy with it. I was watching my afr, cylinder temp and inlet air temp. At a stop my inlet temp kept rising. Out side temp was 65* my inlet temp got up to 140*, as soon as I hit the road the temp dove down fast to around 102-104*. I feel like this is high considering the outside temp.
It's dark out now, like pitch dark....but I'm curious if I have a kink in one of my lines on the intake.??? Can anyone chime in on this?
Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Dramad1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP, Blk
Is that normal? Sealed inclosure better I assume.
What's the point of the heat shield box?
Curious, do they make a cooler t Stat for the 15 gt yet? Sorry lazy and.havent.looked

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
that will happen with a hot air intake during idle. it's fine when you are at speed though.

OP
OP

Dramad1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP, Blk
Is the air raid si any better being enclosed in a sealed box?

Sponsored

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
That seems excessive. I was in a drive through tonight stopped for at least 10 mins. The temp was 65 outside, head temp reached all the way to 212 but the stock airbox only reached 112. It seems the jlt get hot real fast when stopped but also cools off quick when you start moving again.

Nazgul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 15 GT PP
I have a livernois 93 Oct with their intake which is the airaid. My intake Temps are on average 5-7 degrees warmer than ambient Temps. I am running a 160 degree thermostat. When cruising (mostly highway) I've seen my head temps go as high as 225 but all have to do is give it some throttle and it'll drop back to the low 200s or under. Extra throttle pushes extra coollant cooling it some.
Sponsored