New LMR SVE SP2 Wheels (PP2 Replica)

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
A question for those that went 285/325 tire size. Did you notice an increase in road noise? I'm considering going that route with the Firestone Indy500 tires because I've read these are better than the Nitto package but I am concerned the noise will increase. Did anyone go from the Michelin PS4S tires to the Firestone Indy's? If so what sort of experience did you have?

I'm having a hard time letting go of the Michelin PS4S. I've been spoiled with these and leery of going to another brand. There is a lot of tread left on my OEM PP1 set. A new set of MP4S tires in 285/325 size are over $3000 Cdn! šŸ˜®
That's painful enough to consider going 275/40R19 square. Then I could keep my MP4S rear tires and only buy 2 more 275/40R19.

The 10/11" Firestone package comes all ready to mount. If I just order rims, I still need the TPMS and have to get them mounted and balanced plus buy a new set of lugs.

Adding: This is street/highway driven car. It will never see a track as there aren't any close to me.
Sponsored

Last edited:

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
A question for those that went 285/325 tire size. Did you notice an increase in road noise? I'm considering going that route with the Firestone Indy500 tires because I've read these are better than the Nitto package but I am concerned the noise will increase. Did anyone go from the Michelin PS4S tires to the Firestone Indy's? If so what sort of experience did you have?

I'm having a hard time letting go of the Michelin PS4S. I've been spoiled with these and leery of going to another brand. There is a lot of tread left on my OEM PP1 set. A new set of MP4S tires in 285/325 size are over $3000 Cdn! šŸ˜®
That's painful enough to consider going 275/40R19 square. Then I could keep my MP4S rear tires and only buy 2 more 275/40R19.

The 10/11" Firestone package comes all ready to mount. If I just order rims, I still need the TPMS and have to get them mounted and balanced plus buy a new set of lugs.

Adding: This is street/highway driven car. It will never see a track as there aren't any close to me.
I replaced the rear 275/40/19 pirelli's on my 17 PP1 with firestone indy 500's in the same size. The indy's were better than the pirelli's and priced like the nitto's. I only put 3K on the indy's before I traded the car but I liked them while I had them.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
What tpms comes in the kit? Only accept Ford, accept no Chinese knockoffs.
Not from Ford. They are Shrader sensors which is OEM for Ford.
Then why not stick with 19x10 square and recycle the ps4s?
This is how I'm leaning. This way I can transfer the OEM TP sensors over to the new rims.

I replaced the rear 275/40/19 pirelli's on my 17 PP1 with firestone indy 500's in the same size. The indy's were better than the pirelli's and priced like the nitto's. I only put 3K on the indy's before I traded the car but I liked them while I had them.
Thanks for your input. Haven't heard anything bad about the Indy's, just that they don't grip as good as the MP4S's do.

Last edited:

Sponsored

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st

The noise would be from the tire change more than the size. The Indy's I find to be a bit more noisy than the Pirelli's, but they are stickier.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I also went from pirellis to indys, can't say anything bad about the indys, which are still my street tires. They can also be used as track tires for a beginner group.

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue

Why are you going for the Firestones? They're not a bad tire by any means but from what I've read they last half as long as the Michies.

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
@StangTime , I'm not suggesting you should smuggle them, because that would be a very irresponsible thing to suggest. We have such a wonderful government that we all need to support and fund with all we have, so that mr. Turdeau can rennovate some more mansions.
I am, smuggle them wheels!

Why are you going for the Firestones? They're not a bad tire by any means but from what I've read they last half as long as the Michies.
802nu7ufe7jdtnzn5hg4id1&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w.gif

Probably money. Bet those Indys are significantly cheaper than a set of PS4S.

decableguy2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP, 2020 VB GT PP
I've been very happy with the firehawks. I've had them on my pp1 wheels and got over 20k on them with out rotation and still have life. Only have about 10k on them on the pp2s on square set up and should able to stretch the life span awhile on them. I have even had them on the drag strip, and they performed okay for a street tire. When these tires die I will put more right back on.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I am, smuggle them wheels!

802nu7ufe7jdtnzn5hg4id1&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w.gif

Probably money. Bet those Indys are significantly cheaper than a set of PS4S.
Haha. Yep. Indy's are almost 1/2 the cost. The premium price of P$4$ tires is a hard pill to swallow.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Indy 500ā€™s are a great tire. Way better than the Pirelliā€™s and while they wonā€™t outperform the Michelinā€™s, short of extremely hard driving or track use you really wonā€™t see a difference. Iā€™ve had all 3 on my GT and the Michelinā€™s ultimately have the highest threshold of grip, but the Indyā€™s are a great daily tire and will hold up to some pretty spirited driving just fine. The Pirelliā€™s arenā€™t even acceptable as boat anchors. Lol.

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
I went 285/35/19 MPSS fronts 305/35 MPSS rear
20231129_151622.jpg
1500 for tires on discount tire
Thank you for the opportunity to earn your business! Sweet looking ride!
Sponsored