Sponsored

New headlights for the Bullitt

DHG1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt, 1985 Mustang Hatch
So I had purchased a set of head lights from blue oval industries several years ago. They looked great for a short while before they started to oxidize on the inside of the lenses. My car needs the front bumper fixed and a repaint so I wanted to wait and just do it all at the same time, but every time I get close to a repaint something comes up lol. So I got tired of waiting, and not being able to see anything at night. I bought these off of late model restoration and they were guaranteed to not leak water into the housing/oxidize for a year.

Sorry for the crappy pics, but the sun was wreaking havoc on my phone's camera in the first pic and I just tried to make the second one match for a good comparison. Looks much better now, and I can actually see at night which is great lol. Just have to level the lights now.

I did come across a fitment issue. The passenger side mounting tab needs shaved down. I just forced/tweaked the light into place ever so slightly, but I think that is at the very least part of why my lights need leveled. Here is a pic of what I need to trim.

Sponsored

bullitt4204

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
"No-Rain" Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2001 Mustang Bullitt
I just stick with the OEM Ford units. I talked my dealer into giving me a wholesale account since I belong to the local Mustang Club. Last set a couple of years ago were $200 for the set.

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
Looks great. I just did the same thing with my '99 35th LE. It's amazing how the one change can completely improve the appearance, isn't it? Like you, I went with the later blacked out lamp instead of the chrome ones that were OEM. I used the lamps from Late Model Restoration, which fit up reasonably well. I installed a Mach1 chin spoiler too at the same time.
Sponsored