New GT500 style “dive planes or splitter extensions” for GT350

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
I’m in DC, usually go to the backroads of Md and Pa for fun. Va has the sketchy law that if you are 20 over it’s madatory jail time! It’s 46 here at North Beach where I stopped to get some food. So the tires are not booking up very well anyhow. I just want to hit the 1k mile break in for now. I’m itching to get my Ducati out, I’ve not ridden it since mid October. I’ll be a dweeb on it for the first month.

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
I never drive my car in the winter even if no snow or salt is on the roads.
I have other vehicles.

That’s ok. Because Florida and Texas are to hot for me lol
Florida, Texas humid for sure. I've always wanted to go west for the nice dry heat , however the wife feels differently of course.
Half the reason we never made the move.
I got other vehicles as well but no salt, yep the Shelby would be out. When the roads were clear of course, wouldn't be tracking it through tons of snow or anything of course.

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Can you detail what you got done at the stereo shop? Wanting to upgrade mine and still looking into different options.
Adding JL Audio C7 component speakers front and back, 2 ways, adding JL AudioVxi 800 8 channel DSP amp, separate XD300 amp to JL Audio Stealthbox. All speakers have custom trim and modified rear deck for install of 2 way components, dynamat absorption in door panels, rear deck lid, and rear quarters. A JL audio senior tech came by to do the custom DSP tuning. I know they said I am getting all of the bells and whistles, plexiglass with trim and led lighting, modified and customized Stealthbox also with trim lighting, Bluetooth connectivity for my own DSP tuning, and a slew of other electronics that I don’t know about until I pick it up. to be quite frank, I don’t know what it’s going to look or sound like. JL Audio was interested in the car and it’s going to be on there website and the dealer has a vested interest as they are sort of sponsoring the install. Pics to follow for sure...I guess I have to start my own YouTube channel, haha

Sponsored

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Adding JL Audio C7 component speakers front and back, 2 ways, adding JL AudioVxi 800 8 channel DSP amp, separate XD300 amp to JL Audio Stealthbox. All speakers have custom trim and modified rear deck for install of 2 way components, dynamat absorption in door panels, rear deck lid, and rear quarters. A JL audio senior tech came by to do the custom DSP tuning. I know they said I am getting all of the bells and whistles, plexiglass with trim and led lighting, modified and customized Stealthbox also with trim lighting, Bluetooth connectivity for my own DSP tuning, and a slew of other electronics that I don’t know about until I pick it up. to be quite frank, I don’t know what it’s going to look or sound like. JL Audio was interested in the car and it’s going to be on there website and the dealer has a vested interest as they are sort of sponsoring the install. Pics to follow for sure...I guess I have to start my own YouTube channel, haha
Awesome man and holy shit, lot going on there.
I'll be interest to see the results and pictures when you get it.
I'll be doing something but not as involved. I just want some cleaner, crisper, tad more volume upgrade.

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Awesome man and holy shit, lot going on there.
I'll be interest to see the results and pictures when you get it.
I'll be doing something but not as involved. I just want some cleaner, crisper, tad more volume upgrade.
LOL...thats all I wanted at first...just some better speakers and some amplification to go with it...but, the dealer had some interesting ideas that I thought were cool since I am not hard core racing this car like I did my Z06, but I am an absolute audio geek with tube amps and phono gear, so the appeal of a very nice audio system was strong. Just got an update, looks like Wednesday now for the pick up, dang it. Something about making some additional lighting tweak similar to the McIntosh light box: https://www.mcintoshlabs.com/products/merchandise/LB100. Oh boy,

OP
OP
dwalker

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
East Tennessee is a happy medium. Not crazy hot in the summer and we have some snow in the winter but usually nothing crazy. Cost of living here is low too!

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
This thread turned into a geographic location and weather topic.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
This thread turned into a geographic location and weather topic.
Some of us are just wondering if the planes will serve double duty of increasing front snow plow efficiency.

Sponsored

BoostinFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Any more pics of this thing on the black R... possibly? I'm undecided... still. Some angles it looks good, and some it just feels too much.

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Any more pics of this thing on the black R... possibly? I'm undecided... still. Some angles it looks good, and some it just feels too much.
I'll see if I can take some better ones. It is one of those things to which pictures don't do justice. IMO it looks like it came on the car. It blends in perfectly and, despite the name of the company that makes it, does not look like an "Add On."

OP
OP
dwalker

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
In reply to this subject, I came across another company (SBS Performance Parts) with this idea as well but they made a full on splitter that fits cars with the R front splitter. This actually looks better for cars with an R splitter in my opinion. And it’s another layer to keep from scraping up those expensive splitters! Here’s their Facebook page and a couple pics...
https://www.facebook.com/sbsperformanceparts/

C117B886-DED1-43BC-9A09-2D9BAE09938B.jpeg

B2C6B890-7065-411C-9A69-5D396346B151.jpeg

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Hmm, looks like for their's you need to first get their extended splitter, and then their winglets are mounted to the extended splitter. So the design is a bit different from the ZL1Addons one since you're also adding a splitter to the car.
Sponsored