Sponsored

New GT 350 with Cosmetic Damage Is SOLD

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
UPDATE 12/17/15: Car is sold.

The Triple Yellow Shelby GT 350 described in this thread http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38595 is for sale. It is a Tech Package - no stripes, no black roof and no car cover. It arrived with body damage at the dealer with 9 miles on the odometer, and I refused delivery because of its condition. AFAIK, all of the damage is cosmetic; I never drove - or even started - the car.

My understanding is the car will be repaired before sale, but I am not a party to this transaction and cannot answer any questions about its condition, send photos or offer any additional details. It is no longer my business, and I am posting this message only as a favor to the dealer who I feel treated me very well in getting me a replacement vehicle. If you'd like to talk to the dealer, PM me and I will respond, in the order of the messages received, after 11 a.m. Central Time this morning. I will post another message here when the dealer tells me the car is sold.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
That's nice of you to do this. I hope the dealer and buyer both come to an agreement where both parties are happy.

slopper

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
svt
The Triple Yellow Shelby GT 350 described in this thread http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38595 is for sale. It is a Tech Package - no stripes, no black roof and no car cover. It arrived damaged at the dealer with 9 miles on the odometer, and I refused delivery because of its condition.

My understanding is the car will be repaired before sale, but I am not a party to this transaction and will not answer any questions about its condition, send photos or offer any additional details. It is no longer my business, and I am posting this message only as a favor to the dealer who I feel treated me very well in getting me a replacement vehicle. If you'd like to talk to the dealer, PM me and I will respond, in the order of the messages received, after 11 a.m. Central Time this morning. I will post another message here when the dealer tells me the car is sold.

They are still charging you $4,000 above Fords full window sticker price?

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey

Sponsored

slopper

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
svt
No - you have me confused with someone else. I never pay ADM.
Smart man, I cringe when I see guys on forums post about what a good deal X is above sticker. No wonder people can't pay their electric bill.

OP
OP

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Just to clarify, AFAIK all of the damage is cosmetic, all of it happened prior to the car being delivered to the dealer and the majority of it never should have gotten by Quality Control at Flat Rock. There are no mechanical issues that I'm aware of, but I didn't get to the point of driving - or even starting - the car.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Unions.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
Just to clarify, AFAIK all of the damage is cosmetic, all of it happened prior to the car being delivered to the dealer and the majority of it never should have gotten by Quality Control at Flat Rock. There are no mechanical issues that I'm aware of, but I didn't get to the point of driving - or even starting - the car.
But to be done correctly even something as simple as painting a quarter panel requires removal of the interior trim, backseat, etc. Then the glass needs to be pulled which requires a glass technician that can do it without scratching the painted surface where the adhesive is so not to rust. And then put back together again without scratching the interior, the glass leaking etc.

The car is junk at this point.

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
lol@ junk

I guess if you are looking for a show car/garage queen

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
ANd this is what happens when people state a opinion as a fact.

Cosmectic damage does not equate to junking a car. A great many body shops with modern day technology can (wait for it) match colours !!!

What a concept !!!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Possible steal here for the majority who care a lot more about what's underneath the skin...

OP
OP

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Possible steal here for the majority who care a lot more about what's underneath the skin...
Ooooooo ... How about bolting the drivetrain and suspension into a '32 Ford coupe? :headbang:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Ooooooo ... How about bolting the drivetrain and suspension into a '32 Ford coupe? :headbang:
lol not my cup of tea but if it works for you...
Sponsored