Sponsored

New Full Length Stripe Kit

Sheenapple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
LoL. I've been going back and forth with bigworm about to order stripes. I finally settled on the dark blue. I'm also in Houston. Sorry we may be twins in the future. I'm doing the gt350 style with no pinstripe. Have any more pictures? Wanna take my money and do another install?
I got the thicker ones no pinstripe, I think the gt350 uses the thinner 8" dual stripes. I could be wrong. I'm not sure I would be the perfect place for your investment for the install, we did destroy the first hood stripe and have to order another set lol. Tip: Johnsons baby shampoo (it's orange) mix a little with water and squirt it all over your surface AND the stripes. Leaves about 90% room for error but you can slide the stripes all around without them sticking. When you get all the bubbles out and are ready to stick it apply the heat gun generously and wait about 10 minutes. Then move on. The instructions do say DONT use soap, but I think they're referring to like dial or dawn dish soap. Talked to some pro vynal installers in the area and they recommended johnsons baby soap
Sponsored

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Race Red
Fortunately we have been busy doing installs here at the shop, unfortunately we have not made much progress on the new products.
Keep up the great work! Lookin forward for the new products! :headbang:

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
I got the thicker ones no pinstripe, I think the gt350 uses the thinner 8" dual stripes. I could be wrong. I'm not sure I would be the perfect place for your investment for the install, we did destroy the first hood stripe and have to order another set lol. Tip: Johnsons baby shampoo (it's orange) mix a little with water and squirt it all over your surface AND the stripes. Leaves about 90% room for error but you can slide the stripes all around without them sticking. When you get all the bubbles out and are ready to stick it apply the heat gun generously and wait about 10 minutes. Then move on. The instructions do say DONT use soap, but I think they're referring to like dial or dawn dish soap. Talked to some pro vynal installers in the area and they recommended johnsons baby soap
Thanks for the info. Can you post some more pics up?

OP
OP
BigWormGraphix

BigWormGraphix

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigwormgraphix.com
First Name
Team BigWorm
Vehicle(s)
>=2005 muscle cars - camaro, mustang, challengers
Correct, the GT350 stripes are around 8" wide which makes the install easier. We recommend no soap, shampoo or other substance just straight water. Most soaps and shampoos have a lot of ingredients in them, some of which will react with the vinyl causing long term adhesion problems (your stripes might come off). Years ago (10-15) this was not the case which is why people still recommend it. Also depends on how much you use. A small amount may not hurt anything, but if you are using straight water you can use as much as you want with no problems.

Sheenapple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I would listen to the vendor regarding not using soap or other substances besides water. HOWEVER, if your not a pro at installing Vinyl stripes or have patience and think you can knock this out in an apartment parking lot/non controlled environment you're going to run into a lot of bubbling issues, folds, weird lines, etc..

I'm not a pro by any means, so I had issues with pretty much every stripe and it took hours and hours of coaxing with a heatgun to correct those mistakes. After ruining the hood stripe, and ordering a new one and applying it with the baby soap I can say it looks the BEST on the car. It was the easiest to install, and didn't even have to apply any heat until I was satisfied with the placement and heat dried it with the heatgun and drenched the hood in water, then more heat.

Results may vary of course and do it at your own risk. If the life of my stripes are altered by using a drop of shampoo, I take responsibility of that and will own my mistake and I would gladly install the stripes again with the same method bought from the same vendor. The level of effort that I put into the trunk/roof/other stripes vs the level of effort on the hood isn't even measurable. I installed everything but the hood 2-3 weeks ago and i'm still using heat to shape them/remove wrinkles or bubbles, i'm down to 1 wrinkle on the bottom of the trunk lid and one bubble/wrinkle on the roof. The hood stripe took about 20 minutes of work time and about 20 minutes of waiting time get it applied then slid around into the proper placement, generous heat and work out ALL of the water with the tool provided and spray water at the same time. looks absolutely perfect.

With half of the old hood stripes un damaged I was able to run a test to make sure my baby shampoo mix would not damage the immediate stickiness or eat away at any of the adhesion backing of the new stripes. Water did provide more immediate stickiness/adhesion, but the baby shampoo mix allowed a MUCH nicer finish and a lot of room to work/remove bubbles/wrinkles. Long term damage was not measured but I guess ill find out on my hood stripe since its the only stripe I used it on.

If I damaged the product by using baby shampoo then I'm okay with that, at least I did it myself and didn't have to pay what I was quoted ($700). I was able to spend the other money on a Roush CAI and spend quality time with my dad on this project. Now don't get me wrong, if I had $700 to burn I most likely would have had them professionally installed because it was a huge headache to do the stripes and a lot of "shitttttt" moments, took over 3 weekends and waiting for the perfect time of day to do it.

Sponsored

Sheenapple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
here's the pics, not sure why the stripes appear purple, at least on my monitors. My managers DIB EB mustang at the bottom ;)
car1.png
car2.png
car3.png
car4.png
car5.png
car6.png
car7.png
car8.png
car9.jpg

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Ok, you just made up my mind on the dark blue. I'm thinking the GT350 style with no pinstripe just to keep things simple and clean(I know, stripes).

If you or I see the other oxford white car with blue stripes at least we will know who it is.

Thanks for the pictures. Looks awesome.

Sheenapple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Ok, you just made up my mind on the dark blue. I'm thinking the GT350 style with no pinstripe just to keep things simple and clean(I know, stripes).

If you or I see the other oxford white car with blue stripes at least we will know who it is.

Thanks for the pictures. Looks awesome.
Pull the trigger, the vinyl used by Big Worm Graphix is really top notch stuff.

Thanks for the compliments guys :)

Sponsored

EleanorsBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Can I see a DIB with GT500-style white stripes?

OP
OP
BigWormGraphix

BigWormGraphix

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigwormgraphix.com
First Name
Team BigWorm
Vehicle(s)

101charley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charley
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Magnetic, 400A, 6AT, 3.55, MBRP Street
The Boss style stripes are something we are working on for the 2015 Mustangs, hopefully we will have some pictures of what they will look like by mid September.

Unfortunately there isn't an easy solution of filling the holes. I would check around with different shops, make sure they know what they are doing.
Hi Big Worm,

It is now mid-September. Is there any update on the availability of Boss 302 Style stripes for the 2015 Mustang? Thanks!

OP
OP
BigWormGraphix

BigWormGraphix

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigwormgraphix.com
First Name
Team BigWorm
Vehicle(s)
Hi Big Worm,

It is now mid-September. Is there any update on the availability of Boss 302 Style stripes for the 2015 Mustang? Thanks!
Fortunately we have had a busy August and September. When we get busy I have to help with installs instead of work on new products, so I have not made much progress on any of the planned new products.

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Here is a video review and the end result of the 2 color narrow stripes (matte black with lime green pinstripe).

[ame]
Sponsored