New Breaks and Rotors...Powerstop questions

OP
OP

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
Correct. The basic Ecoboost brakes are their own animal.
Yeah that's what I thought, I don't think they have my stuff available at the moment then.

I mean that's exactly what I'd like to find though...if anybody out there could help me track down a 2 piston standard Ecoboost/Non-performance package hardware kit for the front and rear, man I'd be thankful lol. I'm drawing blanks on coming up with anything on my own/just am not seeing it anywhere.
Sponsored

Last edited:

flyleclair

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
I run Z26 with the Powerstop rotors with no issue. I have about 20k on them and no rust or any other problems.
I just upgraded to these pads and rotors. How long before the dust dissipates? My Black wheels look gray after a day of driving.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Did you follow the bed-in procedure? I didn't get too much dust after completing the bed-in and then washing later.

OP
OP

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
I went with Z23 pads and the blank/geomet coted rotors. They go on next week...just can't do the drilled/slotted thing based on my likes and lack of well...anything track related, lol.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
..just can't do the drilled/slotted thing based on my likes
no need to worry. You don't want to be deep in appalachia surrounded by hill folk pepering you with questions 'why you put dem holes in yur brakes?'

Sponsored

russd32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusty
Vehicle(s)
'18 Roushcharged GT
I'm late to the party, but I have a Z17 pads on the front of my car with Brembos. They stop plenty well for normal street driving and keep the wheels 100x cleaner than factory pads. I kept my factory pads in case I ever hit the track, but they are way too grabby/dusty for daily duty IMO.

Also, my Z17 pads came with clips but they didn't fit. Seemed to be a manufacturing issue so I reused the factory clips and they worked great.
Sponsored