Sponsored

New arrival, damaged front bumper from factory

JJMD2006

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Grey GT350-sold 2018 R on the way
Been lurking for awhile. Ordered a 17GT350 from my local dealer 3 weeks ago. In the meantime found a car spec'd exactly like mine on a showroom floor at an out of state dealer for MSRP. Happily bought it and had it shipped enclosed to my house. As they were rolling it out of the trailer I notice this defect on the front bumper near where it meets the fender. Immediately called the out of state dealer and they swore they knew nothing about it. Took it to my local dealer (where I had just received a refund for the car I backed out of :doh:) and they were sure it was something that happened at the factory since it appeared to be touch up paint with uniform clear coat over it. They called Ford and sure enough they had made a note that this did happen at the factory. So why on earth did they think it was okay to send this car on without fixing it appropriately?:shrug: So now I have to wait a month to get it painted and another month for it to cure before xpel :mad:
image.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
JJMD2006

JJMD2006

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pic2
image.jpg

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
So the dealer you bought it from was caught in a web of lies. Same on them

OP
OP
JJMD2006

JJMD2006

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Happy pic
image.jpg

OP
OP
JJMD2006

JJMD2006

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealer swears that nobody ever noticed it, even though it was sitting inside their showroom for a few days. No idea if that is the truth or not.

Sponsored

abcut973

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C63 AMG Black Series, ML350 Bluetech
Well there is a 2017 LB gt350 at my local dealership's showroom. Car has a lot of swirls on the paint!!! Salesman said it is probably due to the car wash.
I was not expecting that on a new car with an ADM of $10k!

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
I know that this is very serious to you, but I wish either of my GT 350s only had factory damage like that. My first one, which I refused, needed half the body panels repainted, to the tune of more than $4K. The second one had several defects, too, but I can't see any of them when I'm driving it.

You should be happy that the dealer is paying for it. If he has a good body shop, the paint will be better than what came out of Flat Rock anyway - so make sure they paint the entire front bumper cover instead of just trying to blend it in, which you would always see under streetlights, parking lot lights and different angles of the sun.

BTW: Don't forget to enjoy the car! :thumbsup:

Bosshog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J-RO
Vehicle(s)
17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS
FYI, some new GT350's were sold @ Mannheim recently that had "minor hail damage" with estimates of $1200 - $2000 to fix. So some of these cars may be showing up on lots soon.

To my knowledge no paint work was needed to fix them, perhaps just paintless dent removal.

Don't kill the messenger, OK?

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
FYI, some new GT350's were sold @ Mannheim recently that had "minor hail damage" with estimates of $1200 - $2000 to fix. So some of these cars may be showing up on lots soon.

To my knowledge no paint work was needed to fix them, perhaps just paintless dent removal.

Don't kill the messenger, OK?
Are you sure it was hail damage? It could have been guys in the paint department trying to flatten paint defects with a ball peen hammer. :eyebulge:

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Did you try and wet sand/buff it out? My rear bumper had a similar defect that was touched up and i was able to get it buffed out.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JJMD2006

JJMD2006

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like it was touched up before they shot it with clear. Then they just cleared over it. Dealer said pulling the bumper off and repainting the entire bumper was the only way to truly fix it which Ford gave them the go ahead to do.

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Looks like it was touched up before they shot it with clear. Then they just cleared over it. Dealer said pulling the bumper off and repainting the entire bumper was the only way to truly fix it which Ford gave them the go ahead to do.
The price you have to pay to have that color, was glad my Magnetic GT didn't have any blemishes off the dealer floor. Was peppered by rocks on the road but thats another story. GL with the fix. Hope it comes out perfect for ya.

Variance

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2005 Lotus Elise, 2017 Shelby GT350
I'm not sure what would bother me more: the paint defect, or the fact that the body line doesn't match up...

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
If it truely happened at the factory, honestly i wouldnt do anything about it, would make it one of a kind. If it happened anywhere in between different story. Get a letter from ford. I would trust factory paint over any other.
Sponsored