BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Looks pretty good at first glance. Although I feel the material change locations are all wrong for me. Only $235. Wish I liked it more.
Don't like the alcantara?

Joebroni

Frac E-Tech
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 50th
The GT350R wheel only has leather on the bottom 4-8 o'clock. The CJPP replica uses leather on the top 10-2 o'clock too. He describes it as a change to prevent wear, and I understand that logic, but I like to feel the alcantara too and generally place my hand on top dead most the time.

But really I like the replica and will probably consider this model over the OEM version. I like the wheel shape changes over the original.

Sponsored

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
I personally don't see the point of the leather up the top. The hand areas will wear regardless and are going to require maintenance. I love alcantara and the cleaning and upkeep is a small price to pay.

Jmart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Premium, Lightning Blue
Where is it listed at $235? I see $295.

Looks pretty good at first glance. Although I feel the material change locations are all wrong for me. Only $235. Wish I liked it more.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
The GT350R wheel only has leather on the bottom 4-8 o'clock. The CJPP replica uses leather on the top 10-2 o'clock too. He describes it as a change to prevent wear, and I understand that logic, but I like to feel the alcantara too and generally place my hand on top dead most the time.

But really I like the replica and will probably consider this model over the OEM version. I like the wheel shape changes over the original.
FYI.... "should your air bag deploy".... Driving with your hand at top dead will result in your own fist pummelling your face and causing major facial restructuring required!! Check into safe driving and air bag videos.

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I like it very much, just wish the alcantarra went higher up on the top, maybe just an inch.

I also would love a thicker wheel.
They do say it is a thicker wheel at the 10-2/9-3 grip areas.

Sponsored

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
FYI.... "should your air bag deploy".... Driving with your hand at top dead will result in your own fist pummelling your face and causing major facial restructuring required!! Check into safe driving and air bag videos.
I don't know if you have noticed but I certainly have - Bill from CJPP likes to hold the wheel in the exact fashion you described above! Maybe he had a hand in the design process :lol:

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
Too bad they don't have the white/grey 350 version available. I don't have red stitching anywhere in the car so I think it'd look kinda silly with a red wheel.

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
This was marked incorrectly as on sale which is why you can't find it for $235 anymore, I was about to buy it and it changed in my cart so I asked them directly what happened. I'll wait until a bit as hopefully it will be on the next sale, the forum discount doesn't work on it either unfortunately
Sponsored