Sponsored

Need Opinions - Hoping it's overspray

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
Washing the car the other day I notice this on the lower passenger door. My mind goes to the bubbling the hoods have seen but I do not think the doors are aluminum. It could be premature rust but at 6k miles and a little over a year i really hope not.

touching the area it seems solid, and nothing is flaking off. The texture is on the outside and on the edge, as the inside seems to be ok although its hard to tell with the seams.

I'm documenting it just in case and to see if it's worse over time. I dont remember seeing this before but with weekly car washes i would be surprised if this started and spread within a 7 day span.

Pics below, not sure of what the pink dots are as I only noticed them in the pictures but I would assume maybe some left over wax?

Sponsored

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Being that the door is steel, I'm guessing that this is the start of cancer...rust.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Looks like rust.

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Looks to me like the door touched something while the clear was wet. Doesn't look like rust to me. Take it to the dealer, let them check it out.

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Looks more like a flaw in the paint to me. My car has a few weird spots....nothing like that but I've got a few fisheyes and an unexplained rough spot on one of my fenders. I remember when I was looking at new cars on the lot before buying mine, I saw a car with a spot that looked almost exactly like that on the leading edge of the driver door up against the gap that meets the fender.

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
Without seeing it in person. It looks like overspray from the seam sealer ford applies and it was not spotted before paint. :ford:
Sponsored