Nate's Magnetic Ecoboost

OP
OP

Gst95dsm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MM EB PP Recaro....
Did you use the track apps when you went down the strip to see how accurate track apps are?
No, honestly to much going on for me to mess with that. I wanted to but kept forgetting, haha.
Sponsored

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Thanks man, I would dial back the anticipation on the 12's. I believe the shop cars that have run 12's have all been on at least drag radials and who know how aggressive of a tune. By next month I'll have an upgraded Intercooler, full cat less exhaust and a custom tune...... And slicks. I won't be going into it expected to run 12's. When we start seeing some more "average guy" track times we will know more. That's why I posted mine, I wasn't proud or happy with the performance, but it was what it was and I still love my car!
I've got an auto so 12's shoud be reality.Drag radials and an ots map or stock tires and race tune seems to be the recipe.Really good drivers or auto cars are the fast times. These guys/cars are hitting high 13 bone stock.Ive always ran the fast times or slightly better with same mods I don't see why this would be different. Ive also got a set of Drag radials if needed. 12's shouldn't be that hard, heck i was hitting that time stock turbo and 5spd on a wrx in 03.End of the day the times not bad at all,it just should be a lot faster:cheers:
Anyhow have fun building and enjoying the car.I look forward to the updates.

OP
OP

Gst95dsm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MM EB PP Recaro....
I've got an auto so 12's shoud be reality.Drag radials and an ots map or stock tires and race tune seems to be the recipe.Really good drivers or auto cars are the fast times. These guys/cars are hitting high 13 bone stock.Ive always ran the fast times or slightly better with same mods I don't see why this would be different. Ive also got a set of Drag radials if needed. 12's shouldn't be that hard, heck i was hitting that time stock turbo and 5spd on a wrx in 03.End of the day the times not bad at all,it just should be a lot faster:cheers:
Anyhow have fun building and enjoying the car.I look forward to the updates.
Right on man, yeah the auto, for drag racing is the ticket! Looking forward to your progress as well! I hope the car wakes up with my future mods. For reference yesterday I raced an EVO 10 and new STI, we were all very close, So maybe it was just a track thing.... I ran 13.4 @103 in my stock EVO ix, so needless to say even with the poor launching I was expecting more mph. Perhaps by not being able to go WOT in first was my mph killer...... At any rate I'll get it sorted!

Anyone reading this think 28x10r17 slicks would be a bad choice?

OP
OP

Gst95dsm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MM EB PP Recaro....
I'm collecting parts right now for my next set of mods. Got my GT grill in today. I like the fanged look and tighter honeycomb on this grill better than the EB grill. I also ordered the Lethal Perfomance grill delete for the bottom. I plan to install these during my FFTEC intercooler installation soon....

For anyone interested. The part number is FR3Z-8200-BA and they are somehow available for around $35 right now..... I just searched that part number on google and many online OE Ford parts sites had these listed for under $40, I paid around $43 with shipping and it only took about a week to arrive. I would think that price is not going to last.....

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
I'm collecting parts right now for my next set of mods. Got my GT grill in today. I like the fanged look and tighter honeycomb on this grill better than the EB grill. I also ordered the Lethal Perfomance grill delete for the bottom. I plan to install these during my FFTEC intercooler installation soon....

For anyone interested. The part number is FR3Z-8200-BA and they are somehow available for around $35 right now..... I just searched that part number on google and many online OE Ford parts sites had these listed for under $40, I paid around $43 with shipping and it only took about a week to arrive. I would think that price is not going to last.....

Wait FR3Z-8200-BA is the grill in that picture? I thought it was like $200

Sponsored

OP
OP

Gst95dsm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MM EB PP Recaro....
Yeah I've seen it for $200 listed on some aftermarket retailers.... But the actual part from ford directly is only $40ish..... Crazy.

Wait FR3Z-8200-BA is the grill in that picture? I thought it was like $200

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Nice I'm still on the fence of whether I like my 50th grill more or not. let us know how the install goes

OP
OP

Gst95dsm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MM EB PP Recaro....
Got my Lethal Performance lower grill delete in. I think it's going to look sweet with the upgraded intercooler.

Redline hood struts, and black lug nuts ordered from CJ's. Looking forward to getting that stuff.

I also kind of went out on a limb and ordered some wheels. I like the factory PP wheels but I don't love them. I've always liked the AMR wheels so I ordered a set. I do wish they came in a satin black finish. Gloss black isn't my favorite. I also do like the charcoal color but on a magnetic car I just don't think it looks right.

I think these with a set of Eibach springs (pro-kit) will look nice. With a possible upgrade to some higher end, lighter wheels in the future.

In addition to that, full MAP exhaust, and FFtec intercooler are getting ordered soon. It's going to be an exciting month for my little Ecoboost. :thumbsup:

OP
OP

Gst95dsm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MM EB PP Recaro....
Not a big deal but I did get and install my redline hood struts yesterday. Overall a pretty neat deal. Install takes only 20 minutes or so once you glance over everything. I will say the hood deflects at the mounting point quite a bit more than I was expecting. Will it ever be a problem? Don't know.... I never realized how much that prop rod was in the way! It also surprised me it came with the step bit to drill the hole in the plastic. Cool though.... those are pretty useful!

SPEED-DOJO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Really enjoying seeing your build progress on your car. I'm thinking of picking up an EB in magnetic as well once the mustang arrives here in Australia. Can't wait to see these cars up close and drive my own.

Keep up the great posts and also been enjoying reading mike g's experiences with his mustang on SH.com. Seeing builds like yours really inspires me for when it comes time to do my car.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Gst95dsm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MM EB PP Recaro....
A few decent updates for my car. I got my wheels installed the other day. I really like the look, and the little bit additional offset making the wheels a bit more flush looks good. Overall the wheels seem like a good value, are lighter, and were very true. The overall fit and finish exceeded my expectations at this price point.

I also installed my GT upper grill and Lethal Performance lower grill delete today. I was going to wait until I got my new intercooler so I wouldn't have to take the bumper off twice but I was bored and anxious for the new look so I went ahead and knocked it out today. The directions from lethal on bumper removal are spot on. No issues getting it off or putting it back on. I did it by myself, carefully. It's a bit of a chore to remove the old grills though. It's clipped in there quite well and will take some doing to get enough clips unclipped at once to make progress removing it.

The pony emblem is held on by 4 WEAK pins pushed into metal washers. I tried to carefully remove them but broke 3 out of 4. No big deal I just used a little silicone adhesive on the backside and pressed in place. Should be fine.

And yes you have to lose the active grill shutters.... I didn't care at all.

Overall I REALLY like the new look. It looks so much more aggressive to me and I love being able to see the intercooler now. :thumbsup:

EEK!!!

Before

After

OP
OP

Gst95dsm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MM EB PP Recaro....
Those pictures look really dark on my computer.... sorry about that! Anyhow I forgot to mention I sprayed the A/C condenser black so it would disappear behind the GT grill, I obviously left the Intercooler natural..... because hey FMIC's always look cool.

Cloak

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
Stock height, can't wait to get the springs on though!
Gotcha :thumbsup: I cannot wait to see the pictures. I'm thinking about swapping my stock PP wheels out for the AMRs or MMD Zevens.

One more question; are those AMRs 19x10 squared, or staggered setup?
Sponsored