Narrowed it down to 3 mustangs....which to get

OP
OP

vexeclipse2007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tbd
We had a few members cars receive much damage while on the car carrier, even evidence of a spirited joy ride with tons of rubber in the wheel wells. Make the dealer take 360 deg pics of car and mileage before loading onto
carrier
this is the only thing that scares me...But yes I asked him to send me a full walkaround video...
Sponsored

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
I'd rather they come down on the OTD price and pick it up myself. But still a good deal. Good luck with finalizing it all!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Not to throw a wrench in your dreams...

But definitely run the VIN's through any online VIN ID reference (CarFax, Autocheck, etc.) - AND ask a Ford Dealer to run the VIN though OASIS as well.

Too many S550's being Lemon'd - and those with low miles, makes you wonder why they're back in the inventory so soon. Ford can resell Lemons.

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
Not to throw a wrench in your dreams...

But definitely run the VIN's through any online VIN ID reference (CarFax, Autocheck, etc.) - AND ask a Ford Dealer to run the VIN though OASIS as well.

Too many S550's being Lemon'd - and those with low miles, makes you wonder why they're back in the inventory so soon. Ford can resell Lemons.
They can't for CPO

Sponsored

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
apparently he has to bring this to manager so pending on his approval..
Be careful, this is the oldest trick in the book, he sees what you are willing to accept and then he has to go back to his manager and he will try to squeeze a bit more out of you, i guarantee if he made the offer already that he is able to do it. Hold your ground, better yet tell him to forget about it and that you will get one of the other ones. I guarantee he will cave quickly.

Mustang sales this time of year are SLOW. You are in the drivers seat!

Good luck

OP
OP

vexeclipse2007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tbd
darn so he said his manager can only do the certified one for $32500 (which was the original offer) and I have to pick up.....ughh..so its a little more then the one with 800 miles...but has the extended warranty...

and still have the one in dallas for 31500 w 3100 miles...I hate deciding on this crap..very indecisive

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
darn so he said his manager can only do the certified one for $32500 (which was the original offer) and I have to pick up.....ughh..so its a little more then the one with 800 miles...but has the extended warranty...
The car isn't going anywhere. Call him back tell him that your offer is firm and that you will go with the other car. My guess is that you will hear back from them.

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
The car isn't going anywhere. Call him back tell him that your offer is firm and that you will go with the other car. My guess is that you will hear back from them.

I concur with you there should be more salesmen jokes than lawyer jokes
in my humble opinion. His salesman using the "carrot method" on him

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion, but here goes anyways..It's a Mustang, not a Ferrari/Lamborghini/<other exotic>. I can't believe you're not finding any closer to where you are. It's understandable to travel far distances to buy if they are rare cars, but you're just looking for a GT (maybe w/ California package?). I'd wait and see if there are any closer to you...

Sponsored

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion, but here goes anyways..It's a Mustang, not a Ferrari/Lamborghini/<other exotic>. I can't believe you're not finding any closer to where you are. It's understandable to travel far distances to buy if they are rare cars, but you're just looking for a GT (maybe w/ California package?). I'd wait and see if there are any closer to you...
This has been my thoughts the whole time. I bought my fully loaded GT with 20,000 miles on it and it drives and smells like new. I am more cautious of turbo charged cars but the coyote engine is pretty reliable and I really don't think a few thousand miles are going to make any difference at all except in your wallet. There are tons of people out there with well over 100,000 miles on the coyote engine. It is just a normal car that you are going to be putting miles on anyway so what are a few thousand more right out of the gate? It still has a warranty AND a certified one at that! Someone could thrash a car with 800 miles just the same as they could with a car that has 4000 miles, you will never know either way. Might as well buy new if you are that concerned with miles honestly.

pdac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GT, 2011 GT/CS, 2013 Jeep Wranger, 2014 GT/CS - All SOLD! Current - 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
The program is typically reserved for low mileage vehicles with good service history, the dealership does a 132 point inspection and there are minimum criteria's the vehicles need to meet (in terms of brake wear and tire wear) plus with ford they will do the oil change (some other stuff), plus give you a set of all weather mats, new wipers a bunch of other crap, and whatever the original warranty was you get an extra 12months/12K miles added onto the bumper to bumper and 24mos/40K miles added onto to the powertrain. I only know this because in 2014 i bought a 2012 low mileage F150 and it was CPO, it ended up having a better warranty than buying a brand new truck.
Great info. Thank you. I'm looking at possibly buying a 2012-14 CPO GT500. This will greatly help with my decision.

OP
OP

vexeclipse2007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tbd
Trust me for what I want...a 16 manual in white with California package there is only a few out there..I live in Wisconsin and prices here are so inflated compared to other markets

pdac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GT, 2011 GT/CS, 2013 Jeep Wranger, 2014 GT/CS - All SOLD! Current - 2012 Corvette Grand Sport

and still have the one in dallas for 31500 w 3100 miles...I hate deciding on this crap..very indecisive
If that's the one you want, just come back with $32,500 OTD. They will either agree to it or not. You have other good options and little to lose in this case. Whenever I see a good deal on a car that I want that's what I offer.
You can also use this Carmax calculator

https://www.carmax.com/car-financing/car-payment-calculator

to estimate what the out the door price SHOULD be. I find it to be very helpful.

Based on this the ESTIMATED taxes and fees to register the car in Wisconsin should be around $2,125. That's how you can tell if they are adding on any "non standard" fees.

Either way, I can't empathize the importance of getting the OTD price (and APR if that applies to you) BEFORE going to the dealership, regardless of which one you choose.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Popcorn

Loves His Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium DIB with Black Accents
So Its prob option 1 or 2 now...option 2 has 800 more miles then 3 but for $200 more its certified....So now have to figure out if its worth $550 more for the less mileage w just factory warranty...hmmmmmmmmmmm
I thought that miles meant a lot, until I realized just how fast I put them on my GT. I did 4,000 miles in the first three weeks brand new. :headbang:
Sponsored