N-gauge knock readings

EVIL-PUNKIN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange GT Premium
Hey guys and gals, I just installed my new n-gauge and Lund tune this past week and have been trying to monitor everything I can as closely as I can but I'm fairly new to data logging and that jazz so I need a little help if possible. I know that knock is a fairly important thing to monitor and I've done a little research and know that negative knock means that it's adding timing and positive mean it's taking timing out of the motor, correct me if I'm wrong! Ever since I've been watching it, it stays on 0 while cruising around and I've never seen a positive number, but as soon as I start giving it throttle it starts adding timing and maxes out at -10.00 every time I put it under any decent load at all. Even just slight hills at half throttle or so will make it peg at -10, is this normal I guess is what I'm asking or should I be getting something changed??? Any insight at all would be helpful!!
Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Perfectly normal. I just set mine to turn red if it gets sees positive values.

OP
OP
EVIL-PUNKIN

EVIL-PUNKIN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Thanks stoli!! Like I said I'm new to all of this, I've had a lot of tuners and monitors before but they've all been on powerstrokes so that's a whole other world, lol. I've got a lot to learn but I'm really interested in knowing how all of this works and maybe one days a long time from now learning to do some tuning on my own, not on this car but another toy, maybe a turbo pushrod 5.0 or something. I appreciate the help bud!!

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
10 degrees is the maximum advance that the ECM can add, unless your tuner increases that limit.

rozay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PQ 5.0 MT
I don't think I've seen -10 on mine....will have to check

OP
OP
EVIL-PUNKIN

EVIL-PUNKIN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Yea if you guys don't care to check, idk if it's normal or not or if I'm leaving power on the table or need my tune tweaked a little or what? Who knows, lol NOT ME that's for sure. I need to do more studying...
Sponsored