Sponsored

MyFordTouch HDD Storage Solution!

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Well after discovering that MFT No longer comes with a HDD I was a bit bummed but happy. Honestly loading music to a thumb drive and then installing it onto the HDD is irritating and slow. By removing the HDD just cuts out the middle man.

I was then thinking for myself MicroSD is a no go since that is where my NAV SD Card will be. Which then had me thinking about USB Sticks which then made me think of a huge ugly stick protruding from the dash but then Amazon handed me a solution...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FJRS6QY

This crazy near flush mount 64GB flash drive! From some research it has worked perfectly with the current MFT and can hold around 15,000 songs! Yes there are large capacities out there but None this compact! I ordered it and will be testing it with my wife's 2012 Edge. Not to mention it's 60% off right now on Amazon.

For those curious this is bigger than I believe any car HDDs that come OEM. Grab one now at the discounted price just remember to format it as FAT32. I will update with my results it will arrive on Tuesday.
Sponsored

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Very good alternative

OP
OP
Brent302

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Also the only real problem with this stick is it comes with an encryption software but a quick format will remove it since its problematic. Other then that numerous reviews says it works great for car audio

acgott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Competition Orange
I have a 16gb version of this in my Raptor. You can hardly tell it's even there.

OP
OP
Brent302

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
I have a 16gb version of this in my Raptor. You can hardly tell it's even there.
Awesome how long have you had it? How well does it work?

Sponsored

5.0-PoPo

Live Free or Die
Threads
Reaction score
I have used those on 3 MFT units and they work great! You really can't even tell they are there! 2011 F350, 2013 F150 and a 2013 Explorer

acgott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Awesome how long have you had it? How well does it work?
I've had it going on 3.5 years. No problems what so ever and I even took the time to create play lists that work with it.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Will this work with apple? Can it be reformatted to work with Apple?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acgott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
If my memory is right. It was formatted fat32. USB drives like this can be formatted to suite the needs of the user.

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If my memory is right. It was formatted fat32. USB drives like this can be formatted to suite the needs of the user.

Sorry I'm a computer boob so your saying I could possibly buy it and format it from my iMac to work using Apple?

I think that's what your saying lol

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Sorry I'm a computer boob so your saying I could possibly buy it and format it from my iMac to work using Apple?

I think that's what your saying lol

fat32 works fine on mac/pc. the only 'limitation' is 4GB filesize limit (single file).

haven't used a mac in a VERY long time, but I believe it's something like Utilities->Disk Utility.

I have heard of some recent problems, so you need to select 'master boot record' under partition options (1 part).

I'll try to find a video. edit: here's the video, here's a good comment on what I was talking about:

"For MAC & PS3 users who are having trouble, try this: Instead of simply using the "Erase" tab, use the the "Partition" tab: You need to select "1 Partition" instead of "Current" under Volume Scheme to activate the "Options" button at the bottom, then you can select "Master Boot Record" and hit OK. Then name the disk under Volume Information and select MS-DOS (FAT) for the format and hit the Apply Button."

[ame]

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
fat32 works fine on mac/pc. the only 'limitation' is 4GB filesize limit (single file).

haven't used a mac in a VERY long time, but I believe it's something like Utilities->Disk Utility.

I have heard of some recent problems, so you need to select 'master boot record' under partition options (1 part).

I'll try to find a video.

Thank you for your help I really appreciate it.

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Thank you for your help I really appreciate it.

No problem! Here's the a good comment in case you missed it:

"For MAC & PS3 users who are having trouble, try this: Instead of simply using the "Erase" tab, use the the "Partition" tab: You need to select "1 Partition" instead of "Current" under Volume Scheme to activate the "Options" button at the bottom, then you can select "Master Boot Record" and hit OK. Then name the disk under Volume Information and select MS-DOS (FAT) for the format and hit the Apply Button."

OP
OP
Brent302

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Awesome. I think I went over board with 64GBs though lol.

Fionic thanks for helping him out.
Sponsored