Sponsored

my switchbacks have an issue

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Audi RS3 / 2023 Porsche GT4
Thanks for sharing, we actually sent this to over 250 individuals who have purchased them over the past few months. We think this affects only a small number of bulbs, but we wanted to make sure everyone is aware of the potential issue.

As I said in the letter, we failed, badly, and we'll do what it takes to make it right if you are having issues. Please email or give us a call.

You can bet that we will be doing extremely, extremely thorough testing, both in-house and in the field with dozens of test sets, before offering any new option for sale again. That's probably weeks out. Our only priority right now is helping anyone who is having problems, whether that means a refund or a new set.

Thanks,
Paul
DD
Hi Paul, I've had my switchbacks for about 6 months now and haven't installed them waiting on the harness to fix the galloping. When you guys do get the plug and play harness I'll install. If mine have issues can I still swap them out since it's been so long?
Sponsored

boolean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT-P
The set that Nick sent me have been perfect since install, and I've been driving quite a bit. I really like these now (and dig the gallop haha)

THANKS AGAIN DIODE DYNAMICS!

Mizzle51

Green Machine
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Prem PP1 Black
Sweet response here. Firing an email to DD.

Rob_Stylez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 OW 5.0
Sweet response here. Firing an email to DD.
Good luck on them responding to you... Last month I called the number on their site and no answer, emailed them right after and I STILL HAVE NOT HEARD FROM THEM.

In my email I was only asking if they had the switchbacks available because I didnt see them on their site. Then I saw the posts on here about their bulbs having issues.

Piss poor customer service and looks like crappy product as well, must be a 'Mom and Pop' side business, Ill be ordering the Amazon bulbs as well.

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Race Red
Mine started acting up.. Left side is delayed turning on after turning the headlights on and right side doesn't turn on sometimes which causes it to go to amber. So after the delay I have one side white and one side amber

Sponsored

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Good luck on them responding to you... Last month I called the number on their site and no answer, emailed them right after and I STILL HAVE NOT HEARD FROM THEM.

In my email I was only asking if they had the switchbacks available because I didnt see them on their site. Then I saw the posts on here about their bulbs having issues.

Piss poor customer service and looks like crappy product as well, must be a 'Mom and Pop' side business, Ill be ordering the Amazon bulbs as well.
I highly doubt that you haven't received a response from us, and I don't recall seeing a PM from you. We are definitely not a "Mom and Pop" side business (30 employees here in St. Louis / 16,500 sq. foot facility), but we go to incredible lengths to make sure our customers are taken care of, and provide quick responses during the week.

If you have any questions or need any assistance whatsoever, you can always shoot us a PM, send an email to: [email protected] or call: (314) 205-3033

We've been extremely transparent about the previous issues with the switchbacks, and provided full refunds for any customer who experienced issues. We also didn't require customers to return the bulbs to us, so it was as hassle free as possible.

I apologize if you've experienced issues with the switchbacks, but we will have more available in November, and will make sure every Mustang owner is taken care of. That's our biggest priority.

Thank you,

Nick C.

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
So far my Gen 2 batch are still working flawlessly (a little more then 2 months now), but the reassurance DD provides they will take care of it if something goes wrong is nice for sure

BCeagle08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB PP 6MT Navi 401A.
I'm still using my stock bulbs until DD releases a revised switchback. All the ebay and amazon switchbacks I've bought have been enormous piles of shit that aren't worth the headache.

John S.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Performance Pack
I'm still using my stock bulbs until DD releases a revised switchback. All the ebay and amazon switchbacks I've bought have been enormous piles of shit that aren't worth the headache.

The $16 (shipped) amazon switchbacks are working flawlessly in my car. The DD switch backs I waited months for were defective out of the package.

Sponsored

BCeagle08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB PP 6MT Navi 401A.
The $16 (shipped) amazon switchbacks are working flawlessly in my car. The DD switch backs I waited months for were defective out of the package.
every single ebay/amazon bulb I've gotten has required electrical tape to keep it in the socket. Not worth the headache to me.

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Race Red
That's surprising I've only heard good things about the eBay and Amazon bulbs lol but hopefully November will bring some good news on these DD bulbs!

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Any word on when the switchbacks will be available again?
We expect to have more available in Mid-November

An update on the forum will be posted when they are ready for purchase. (No need to send PM's asking about their status).

Thanks!
Nick C.
Sponsored