My # 1 FI Daily Driver Advice...24 Years Experience

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
Is this a cultural difference? Here in Australia, most of us fit blowers and the like to be able to DESTROY tyres at will... if it ain’t spinning, I’m not grinning..:headbang:
Damn I wish I had that FU money so I could have that kind of fun :headbang: Although my 555Rs are getting to the end so maybe if I replace them I'll go do some Hoonigan stuff to finish em off. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
we always ride with stickies!!!

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Curious how these will handle 900+ on the street....

Right now I am running ET Street R Bias Ply and want something more stable to play in with my hood rat friends.
I race at 850whp/750tq and with traction control on, the car hooks SO hard and doesn't even blink the traction light from 40mph in 2nd lol.

Thats with a 305/45/17 @ 22 psi tire pressure and some light suspension mods (drag springs, BMR CB005, diff bushing inserts)

Is this a cultural difference? Here in Australia, most of us fit blowers and the like to be able to DESTROY tyres at will... if it ain’t spinning, I’m not grinning..:headbang:
I guess you don't race? lol

I know you Aussies love your "skids" :p very entertaining videos.

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I race at 850whp/750tq and with traction control on, the car hooks SO hard and doesn't even blink the traction light from 40mph in 2nd lol.

Thats with a 305/45/17 @ 22 psi tire pressure and some light suspension mods (drag springs, BMR CB005, diff bushing inserts)

I guess you don't race? lol

I know you Aussies love your "skids" :p very entertaining videos.
I went ahead and picked up a set of 305/40-18 MT S/S, some normal fronts, and a set of HRE FF15's to see how this works out. Kinda tired of the big & little life.

If they can hook my 40 roll I'm going to kill it at SCT this fall, lol.

However at around 22psi I spun when the boost hit in 2nd and when I hit 3rd on the bias ET Street R, this was on a relatively decently prepped track. My 40 with this combo was at 3600 rpm in 2nd. I ended up having to run 14-15 psi as the track got hot.

Now I'm re-geared and a .5" shorter tire (with wayyyyy less top end growth) so I should be in the 3900 range at 40 in 2nd. I suspect I will need to be around 17 psi to hook em up, but we shall see.

I suppose I should add I'm a stick car and am running these for roll events only. The bias ply grow wayyyy to much for my gearing and the car just slowly loses gearing as I head down the track. I suspect they are close to 29" tall by then, lol.
Sponsored