Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
It was an Ecoboost with the Performance Pack and Premium Trim.

Still an early build car, as some of the rubber window/door trim was a little crooked, but the interior was GORGEOUS! Quality-wise......well, I don't get to sit in too many quality cars, but it's easily as good as the trim in my E46 BMW. Sure, that's an old car, but it was an era when BMW did their interiors well. All the switchgear feels nice and solid, the toggles feel great (they are a one way switch, you just push down on them and then they return up automatically), the top of the dash is lovely and soft, as are the door cards. The middle bit of the door, where the armrest is, is leather and soft touch plastic. The upper door card (where you'd rest your arm if the window was open) is a harder plastic, but still MUCH nicer than the S197. The steering wheel feels fantastic and chunky and the flappy paddles fall easily to the fingers. It's a lovely, low driving position. The seats (standard, not Recaros) feel easily as good as the sport seats in my BMW. And the leather felt much softer than my BM!

I did feel the A pillar seemed close to my head when getting out, and I was aware of it when sat in the car, but I couldn't lower the seat as the car's battery was disconnected. Certainly not a show stopper though. Basically, it's night and day better than the S197 in there (although as it's a premium, I can't compare it to a base S550).

The looks? I'm head over heels and it STILL looks much better in the metal than piccies.

10 outta 10 from me, and I can't wait to drive one.

The salesman was still talking £30k for an Ecoboost and £34k for a GT. That will seriously undercut the importers! No details on timescales, other than "around this time next year".

Sponsored

Helios1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo/Porsche Cayman S
Oooo I might pop in tomorrow then to check it out. Thanks TT for the write-up and confirming it's there!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Can you tell how excited I was to finally get behind the wheel?

:D

Runner12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future S550
Very nice, great seeing it show up outside the US. Shouldn't this be a RHD and other Euro-spec parts tho?

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
My same thought. The one showed at various european motor show had euro specs, at least on exterior (bigger wing mirrors, transparent tail lights and rear fog light) like this http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13023

However, £30k should be about 37.8k euros for the ecoboost, some time ago I read on an online italian website a price of about 35k euro for the ecoboost and 40k euros for the GT. Since we always have higher price here, I believe it's too much optimistic :)

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
This is purely a (US spec) display car, doing the rounds of the UK Ford dealers so their customers get to see one in the metal.

The dealers won't be receiving the RHD models until Autumn/Winter 2015 :(

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Yes you're right. Wonder if italian Ford dealers will have one as well!

Helios1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went to take a look today and WOW, it looks so much better in person than in pictures. I took a few pictures but nothing that TT hasn't posted already. I wish I had taken more photos now from a few more angles.

I asked about prices but the guy said £40k for the GT and £33k for the ecoboost :/, not the prices mentioned above.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Glad to see they're consistent with the pricing :doh:

Gorgeous though, isn't it? It really comes alive when you walk around it and can take in the angles. I think photos taken from "eye level" also help, but nothing beats seeing it in the metal.

Nice that you got to see it at last :)

lewi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6

Helios1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad to see they're consistent with the pricing :doh:

Gorgeous though, isn't it? It really comes alive when you walk around it and can take in the angles. I think photos taken from "eye level" also help, but nothing beats seeing it in the metal.

Nice that you got to see it at last :)
Yeah it really is something else! It's great from any angles and photos really don't do it justice. Whenever I saw pictures of it from the back, it looked almost too wide but in reality the proportions are great.

I wish I had taken some better pictures.

Inside, it was surprisingly spacious but then I had just got out of my MX-5. The layout was perfect and even the paddle shifters feel great. I've been in a Gallardo where the paddles felt flimsy for comparison. Everything just felt right. I remember going into an E92 325i to test drive once and it was nowhere as good as sitting in the Mustang is.

I must say though, the wing mirrors do seem somewhat small so I won't complain too much that the Euro spec cars will have bigger ones. Also, showing my brother some pictures, he was saying the car doesn't look aggressive enough. I hope the GT sorts that out.

I was also wondering if this is the car they used for all the Champions League promo...

Anyway, overall I was very impressed. Next year can't come soon enough. Thanks TT for the heads up on this as well :thumbsup:

Entick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Coupe
I went to take a look today and WOW, it looks so much better in person than in pictures. I took a few pictures but nothing that TT hasn't posted already. I wish I had taken more photos now from a few more angles.

I asked about prices but the guy said £40k for the GT and £33k for the ecoboost :/, not the prices mentioned above.
I went to see it on Sunday and have to echo the above. It looks even better in person than in photos. The interior was better than I expected too although the rear seat space was worse (as bad as my TT). Thanks for the heads up that they would have one in - well worth the long drive to finally see it.

Unfortunately I left the place in a bad mood though as the dealer told me Ford had just confirmed pricing internally (but that it wasn't to be shared with the public yet) at £34k for the EB and £44k for the GT - "because the v8 will only be available at the top spec level" whatever that means.

At those prices I will have to pass.

Love the car. Hate the way Ford are messing us around with no accurate information.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
The salesman was still talking £30k for an Ecoboost and £34k for a GT. That will seriously undercut the importers! No details on timescales, other than "around this time next year".
That price is after VAT, correct? That's one of the discrepancies in U.S. / U.K. pricing; we price everything before tax.

My out-the-door price after taxes and fees was about £29.5K, which would make the price difference a lot less than a straight comparison.
Sponsored