Sponsored

Mustang to Australian Supercars in 2019

482supersnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
https://www.motoring.com.au/official-ford-mustang-for-australian-supercars-112139/

Ford is back in Supercars racing with the Mustang because the company wants to promote its expanding line-up of sports and performance models.
“You do these things for reasons and those reasons need to be there,” Ford Australia president Graeme Whickman told motoring.com.au.

“And the reasons were it’s the right strategy, we have the right vehicles now, we want to connect with customers in that space.”
Whickman officially confirmed the return in Melbourne this morning at a press function attended by representatives of the two major Supercars teams that race Fords — DJR Team Penske and Tickford Racing — as well as new Supercars boss Sean Seamer and Ford touring car icon Dick Johnson.

Today’s function also acted as a launch for the Blue Oval’s global motorsport and hot tuner brand Ford Performance in Australia and the first local look at two of its models destined for local sales.
The appointment of the Ford Ranger Raptor as the ‘Official Recovery Vehicle of Virgin Australia Supercars Championship’ from late 2018 was also announced today. The MY18 Mustang road car was also on show ahead of its August launch.
“It was a matter of waiting for the right time both from a product point of view and from an investment point of view,” Whickman said.
“So, we maintained that dialogue with the teams and it’s obviously transpired that we feel like we are going to have a very successful outcome with the Mustang on the track.
Sponsored

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
I'm hoping and praying that the 3.5 TT makes it under the hood of a production version.
Please Ford.....Please do this.

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I'm hoping and praying that the 3.5 TT makes it under the hood of a production version.
Please Ford.....Please do this.
Same Erik427 as on the bullet?

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
77d450ae6bae1fa5d714f044079c4ce9.jpg

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Loving the side exit exhaust :thumbsup:

Actually, the entire thing is badass :headbang:

Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
The rear wing is hilarious but I love it.

Sponsored

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
Fugly as hell and hardly looks like a Mustang, proportions are just wrong.

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
The body has to fit over the control chassis, which was original designed for the four-door Australia only Ford Falcon and GM Holden Commodore, hence the higher roof. It is a bit unfortunate, but it might look better in a real livery instead of camouflage.

It is amazing how a couple of photos can make a difference. Remember how the original leaked photos of the 2018 Mustang were so poorly received.

Regardless, as long as it turns out to be a winner, I am sure all will be forgiven.
Sponsored